How cold was your run this morning? (Read 559 times)

How cold was your run this morning? 10 degrees here in Missouri for my good 6 miler Sad
    I love to eat, therefore I must run!
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I didn't run today, but yesterday ran in -8 windchill, 8ยบ actual air temps. It was really pretty awesome. Had I not been dealing with a poorly designed balaclava and new Winter trail shoes that aren't yet conforming to my foot quite right I would have gone further than 3 miles, but it was still a very pleasant half-hour. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Hello to a fellow Missourian! What part of the state are you in? It was about 9 degrees when I left the house this morning, with not much of a windchill. Much better than yesterday - it was 6 degrees with a windchill of negative 8. I broke out in hives it was so cold...not pleasant. Tongue
          Hello to a fellow Missourian! What part of the state are you in?
          I live about an hour south of St Louis. Yesterdays run started off as a 6 miler until I hit a cold north wind on the dam of a lake, frozen cheeks shortened my run a bit Black eye
          I love to eat, therefore I must run!
            About 15 with a "realfeel" (some trademark weather thing of how cold it feels) of about -6. Fahrenheit. In Pittsburgh. Quite breezy on the in part of my three-lap Monongahela river route. I wasn't really cold, except for the face/nose after a bit. Didn't overlayer, but I could have done w/ one less tech shirt. 17 miles. My longest since my last marathon in late Oct.
              Not too bad. 19 with a wind chill feeling like 6. Only planned on doing 4, and that's what my husband and I did. Did a route with a four steep hills and by the second hill we enjoyed the wind since we were heating up at that point. Smile

Michelle

Pretty decent run todayat 2 p.m.. temp - 38: windchill 31 ....almost like summer compared to yesterday

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

ummmm, here in Manitoba, Canada, temperature was -30 Celius this morning and the windchill was -41 Celius, (we had a windchill warning for the past week)I thought running indoors would be in my best interest, along with most of my body parts agreeing to that, lol. Yes

Dave

19F, about 0F with the windchill.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

evtish

I think it was about 25F, with 15mph wind. Only went just under 4 miles, not bc of the weather, but bc my leg muscles were sore. The cold didn't bother the Pats either Big grin

My sweet new crank!

Here in Madison, I did not make it out til afternoon with a 1 on the thermometer, and negative -6 wind chill...but that is quite a bit warmer than this morning. Would not have done that had the treadmill not broken today!!! But, I guess being forced outside is not so bad...as long as you dress right.
                        Ryan O'D Gurnee, IL by way of Madison, WI via Wichita, KS via Denver, CO
                        Len

Damn Yankee

It was sweltering here in Texas, 42 when I ran. However, my pipes were frozen when I woke up this morning, had to get outside with the hairdryer for a while.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

flatfootruns

18 on Long Island NY, I had a strong west wind, not sure of the actual WC temp, my 1st day without shorts in over a month...Enjoy...
                            Richard21142

It was 11 when I got up this morning (CT), so I decided to do my run in the afternoon when it was warm. So, at 2:30 I went for a relaxed run with the temperature at 26 degrees.
                              HOSS1961

9 on Sunday, 12 on Monday, 22 today in VA
                                HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured