Nice neighborhood we live in... (Read 475 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

There has been a recent rash of cars broken into and bicycle thefts. DH and DS were biking by a cop as he found 2 stolen bikes in the woods about a block away. One was a VERY nice full-suspension Giant mtn. bike--not a low-end bike by any means. Our cars are parked outside at night, since our garage is currently a kitchen cabinet building shop. I am pretty nervous. I don't keep anything of value in my car and it has an engine immobilizer, but I am paranoid that someone will bust a window and damage my baby to get in. Gah, this neighborhood sucks. Even if our house were ready to sell it likely wouldn't move anytime soon. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

This stuff happens regardless of where you live.

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It seems like this sort of thing happens a lot around here...a couple of years ago our garage was spray-painted. The last place we lived was for 5 years...mostly rental properties. I don't recall any sorts of crimes the entire time we lived there. We live right next to an apartment complex that I think is the root of a lot of the problems. Plenty of unsupervised kids. A couple of years ago a house was being built and the builders were attacked by a bunch of kids from the complex. They started hurling snowballs. They also found vandalism of some of their building materials and the property. The biggest issue with the apartment complex is that it's a lot of latch-key kids who are bored and lacking supervision, even from a young age (we also have heard plenty of very loud domestic disputes at night in the Summer when we have our windows open...always sets me on edge). I am constantly amazed at the little ones (3-5 years old) who come over and hang out. I ask if their moms know where they are and the answer is almost always no. Gah, if my son disappeared like that I'd be panic-stricken and I am FAR from overprotective.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay