Sub 4:00 Mile Training Advice (Read 121 times)

CalBears

I will be reaching for the moon at Boston 2022.

The world is my oyster.

I can, and I will.

Please share your "for the moon" goal time, so I would adjust my training accordingly 

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Please share your "for the moon" goal time, so I would adjust my training accordingly 

You just keep doing what you’re doing buddy. 👍

Let your legs do the running, your mind do the pacing, and your heart do the pushing. 🏆

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

CalBears

Let your legs do the running, your mind do the pacing, and your heart do the pushing. 🏆

Did you just cite lines from Robert Burns? 

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop.

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Running Problem

Problem Child

You two really can't leave each other alone can you? Can you maybe make your own thread or take these conversations to a private message situation? You're race against each other has nothing to do with a 4 minute mile.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Don't discourage them RP!  The trash talking is quite entertaining. I am really looking forward to Boston 2022, just for meeting you guys and bearing witness to the battle. And most of all for the beers after the race.

2:52:16 (2018)

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

You two really can't leave each other alone can you? Can you maybe make your own thread or take these conversations to a private message situation? You're race against each other has nothing to do with a 4 minute mile.

Umm, STFU.

Maybe you should start a Cal Vs Mikkey thread if you are that bothered. 

CalBears

Don't discourage them RP!  The trash talking is quite entertaining. I am really looking forward to Boston 2022, just for meeting you guys and bearing witness to the battle. And most of all for the beers after the race.

JTR - are you aware Russians do not drink? Because alcohol prevents from getting best results!

Riman643:  For inspiration, I would recommend reading The Four Minute Mile by Roger Bannister. It's a great book even for non-runners. I first read it in high school and re-read it many times since. If you're not a reader you can also watch Bannister: Everest on the Track, which is a ~1 hour documentary about Bannister and his running the first sub 4 mile in 1954. Really good stuff and very inspirational, regardless of what your goals might be.

JTR - are you aware Russians do not drink? Because alcohol prevents from getting best results!

Surely you can make an exception after the race? Once you have crossed the line in 1:59:38, breaking Kipchoge's WR, and getting first in your AG?

Running Problem

Problem Child

Umm, STFU.

Maybe you should start a Cal Vs Mikkey thread if you are that bothered. 

You probably should instead of shitting on every other thread you two join. It would be more consolidated.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

You probably should instead of shitting on every other thread you two join. It would be more consolidated.

LOL coming from you!  I am going to politely tell you to go fuck yourself. 👍

CalBears

LOL coming from you!  I am going to politely tell you to go fuck yourself. 👍

I like how you are right to the point... 👍

wait a second; 4:00 mile thread, trash talking and genuine dislike, AG...are Ovett and Coe on here?!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

wait a second; 4:00 mile thread, trash talking and genuine dislike, AG...are Ovett and Coe on here?!

Now that was a great rivalry!