Pre-Race Recovery Advice (Read 64 times)

Leopard2019

I have a meet in a couple days and I wanna be at 100% that day, any suggestions?

an amazing likeness

Get some sleep.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

SMART Approach

Are you sore? Good nutrition, good sleep and if sore.....go for a walk. Does coach have you running the day before a meet? What is your event?

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Leopard2019

A bit sore. Before a meet we have a 10 minute easy jog. Most likely I’ll be running the 4x800, 1600, 800, and 3200 or 4x4.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Get some sleep.

For me, the key night for sleep is not the night before. It's the one before that. If I race Sunday, I need Friday night to be a good sleep bc Saturday night I might have more race nerves.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Leopard2019

Okay everyone’s telling me to get a good amount of sleep. Is there a certain amount because honestly, I’ve felt sluggish getting too much sleep.

SMART Approach

7-8 hours of sleep ideally. Is your meet today? If tomorrow, go for a 2-3 mile "jog" today with a fee striders. Nothing strenous. That is a lot if events to compete in.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com