indoor marathon (Read 1785 times)

Mr. Muscle

This weekend I ran my first, and last, indoor marathon.  Never had my quads, knees, shins, and ankles been so beat up.  However, winning takes the pain away. 

Oh roo roooo!

I simply cannot imagine doing this...which one did you run?

DoppleBock

I have run Ice Breaker in Milwaukee a few times - I never had any issues accept a little hamstring tightness on the outside leg - But IceBreaker is a 443 meter track.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Kalsarikännit

I know they keep Icebreaker nice and cool.  It got a little toasty for me yesterday, but I suspected that may happen.

Maple Leaf in Goshen, IN was Saturday and Sunday.  They did a really great job and the RD was very nice.  It was flawless.  No complaints.  It is always fun to try new and different types of races.  Plus they had tons of chocolate milk after the race.  Can't beat that.

BTW, they changed direction every half hour, otherwise that would have been pretty painful on a 208 meter track.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Mr. Muscle

I did the one in Goshen.  I am from there.  Yes the RD is great.  I coach at a local high school and my guys were the timers.  I don't know about you, but my quads are shot. 

Purdey

Self anointed title

I coach at a local high school and my guys were the timers. 

The ones eating donuts?

MrH

It got a little toasty for me yesterday,

You should have worn prison fatigues like I suggested.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Kalsarikännit

You should have worn prison fatigues like I suggested.

I did.  With a hydration pack.  If you are going to waste time grabbing liquids from aid station tables you clearly aren't trying hard enough.  Might as well just quit if you aren't gonna give 100%.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

xor

Something is going unsaid here.  Heh.

Good job on the win, RustinSPE.

Mr. Muscle

The ones eating donuts?

Some of them were throwers from track.  I don't control that.  Thanks Srlopez?  Were you there?

xor

Nope, but a few of my friends were.  I was running the cowtown marathon's ultra.  70 degrees, 200% humidity, outside.

Something is going unsaid here.  Heh.

Good job on the win, RustinSPE.

Congrats Rustin!

And it looks like it was an RA sweep.  Congrats WG!

xor

There it is.  Smile

ultramarathon/triathlete

Nice job man, It actually sounds fun to me, at least it would be something different.  I wonder if they have any indoor marathons around NYC.    Hope those guys saved some donuts for you! 

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                              Gatorade Endurance Team

Mr. Muscle

Wrigley, didn't know who you were.  I don't know how you felt, but I pushed to put a lead in the middle and paid late.  I wish I would have made the connection.  My dad, large richard, was there and would have liked to meet you I'm sure.  Nobody saved me doughnuts.  I was tired of circles though.