Next Marathon (Read 374 times)

So after finishing Chicago last Sunday and feeling like I really want to do another marathon soon I am contemplating running the Music City Marathon in April in my home town of Nashville. Would I still have to do a 18 week or so training program to get back to the same level for the next? or could I do this on less training as long as I keep my base up? I plan on taking a few weeks of reduced running and then get back to averaging 25 - 30 miles a week.

Dog-Love

I think that sounds like a plan. Keeping the base up and also looking at the Nashville marathon with respect to elevation differences. You might want to work on hills a bit or you might want to work on some tempo runs if you have different aspirations for finishing times. I would probably keep a 25-30 mile week going through Feb and then get those long runs going again.
      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
        Thanks Crabby. I train in some hilly areas in Nashville, but your right I would need to do some dedicated hill workouts. Thanks for your input.