I've missed you guys (Read 585 times)

I've been off running for a month with a stress fracture, and been staying off RA to avoid temptation to do the incredibly stupid (take off the boot and run).  Hoping tomorrow I'll get permission to run again.  I've missed you guys Smile

'No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch'

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'"  - Peter Maher

"Running long and hard is an ideal antidepressant, since it's hard to run and feel sorry for yourself at the same time. Also, there are those hours of clearheadedness that follow a long run."  -Monte Davis

Welcome back !! I have taken May off .. restarting my run in june. Smile Playing a lot of badminton in the meantime.

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

Maggie & Molly

Better to heal and be able to run another day.  Hope you get your running pass tomorrow!!

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
        Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

12-week layoff

Welcome back!  I was out for months with a broken ankle, and it sucked royally.  The day you get permission to run again is a wonderful day! 

NO MORE LIMPING; NO MORE SWEATING; NO MORE CAST HOPEFULLY FOREVER Big grin  Got permission to walk this week; if that doesn't hurt restart easy running next week; and if that's all good I can go back to my normal running schedule.  Smile

'No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch'

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'"  - Peter Maher

"Running long and hard is an ideal antidepressant, since it's hard to run and feel sorry for yourself at the same time. Also, there are those hours of clearheadedness that follow a long run."  -Monte Davis

Glad you got the go-ahead! Be careful and listen to your body. Also, for me anyway, it took a long time for my healed fracture to feel normal again. I had lots of twinges, but not real pain. Best of luck to you! Smile