Non-name Brand Running Clothes (Read 508 times)

I do mostly non-name brand or outlet/sale shopping.  It all holds up pretty well.  I've had some Old Navy shorts that have lasted years and cost under $10 (so of course I can't find them at any store now).  I do find that cold weather tops are better from name brands.  The best ones I've had are from Brooks and LL Bean.  If I'm lucky, I can find some deals on Left Lane Sports where I just bought some 2XU shorts and compression socks.  I've never tried their stuff before, so hopefully it was worth it.

I like Target's Champion running shirts and running skirts.  They are as good as Nike in my opinion.  I don't care for Champion shorts and tend to go with named brands for shorts, although as a previous poster mentioned I, too have some Old Navy shorts from years ago which I wore to death and were very inexpensive.  You never know.  Wal-Mart carries Danskin brand and occasionally they will have a good year of workout clothes.  A couple of years ago they had warm up pants in full and 3/4 length in both black and blue colors.  I bought both and still like running in them when it gets cooler since I don't like running in tights.

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

keeponrunning

I've had some great non-name brand stuff, especially the C9 stuff.  I was very excited when Target was in Canada because it means I didn't have to travel to the States for it-- they make a couple really nice running jackets that I absolutely love.  I've found for tights for actual cold weather (say sub-20 or so), I have to buy name-brand to keep me actually warm and not have my legs be purple when I get back (I learned that the hard way).

I second the Winners and Marshalls recommendation.  As someone said, you can't be picky about colour, but you can't beat the prices a lot of the time!

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

I'm not as fast as I was in high school. I decided it was because I no longer wear shorty-shorts. So I bought a few pairs of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003AU5W5K

They didn't make me faster, but they're generic shorts that have held up well through mileage & laundry. And they've saved me quite a bit of money when multiplied by 3 pair.

I just cant afford (in my mind) really expensive name brands for running.   I mean, Im going to run, fart, sweat and stink the stuff up and I dont need to spend top $$$$$ for that.    I'm always on the lookout for way reduced rates or bargains and when I buy brand names it's only in the off season when there are deals to be found.

Just this AM on my way to work I stopped at Walmart (my all time LEAST favorite store) and they had some champion tights for $15....    Hard to pass that up even I wear them for only one season and dump them in the summer, its still OK.

I think most of the brand name running 'stuff' is better but I guess when I consider what I'm really doing against the cost, I'm usually satisfied with the cheap stuff (EXCEPT FOR SHOES - I do draw the line when it comes to my running shoes)...

Champions are made when no one is watching

TJoseph

I have never been able to find no name running shorts that work for me. Most of the shorts you find in Target or Walmart are basketball shorts without a liner. I usually get 4 or 5 years out of a pair of shorts before the elastic fails, so they cost maybe $6/yr. These are what I get. They are not short shorts, but don't come down to my knees either. They have a liner, side pockets, and a key pocket. I haven't found anything I like better.

https://www.amazon.com/New-Balance-Accelerate-Shorts-Black/dp/B00ZGJ0TZG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477505011&sr=8-1&keywords=new+balance+5%22+shorts

running metalhead

I think most of the brand name running 'stuff' is better but I guess when I consider what I'm really doing against the cost, I'm usually satisfied with the cheap stuff (EXCEPT FOR SHOES - I do draw the line when it comes to my running shoes)...

I even buy cheap shoes Wink
                Hell, I do part of my mileage on huaraches and NB MT10's compared to that even the cheapest shoe is like a Hoka One One, LOL.
                I use to train long runs of 25-26 miles almost every week in the high of the season and I use 12 Euro El Cheapo shoes from Decathlon...

(NOTE: I _do_ have expensive shoes though, I'm not going to run an ultra with the Decathlon kicks)

- Egmond ( 14 januari )            :  1:41:40 (21K)
                - Vondelparkloop ( 20 januari ) :  0:58.1 (10K but did 13.44!!!)
                - Twiskemolenloop ( 4 maart )  :   1:35:19 (3th M45!)

- Ekiden Zwolle (10K)   ( 25 maart )
                - Rotterdam Marathon ( 8 april )
                - Leiden Marathon Halve ( 27 mei )
                - Marathon Amersfoort ( 10 juni)

I'm mostly a believer in "you get what you pay for".  I generally will pay (often some sort of discount code) for the premium brands like Oiselle, Lululemon, Brooks and Hoka.  I like the stuff better and find that it lasts a long time.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

champion/target

https://www.instagram.com/tfilarski/

Hobie1

I have purchased several Layer 8 shirt from Marshalls or TJ Maxx.  Several of the shirts are nearly identical to a North Face shirt I own.  If you pay attention to the construction (flat lock seams . . . ) you can find very good basic clothing at great prices.  However, when you look at running jackets and more technical garments then you definitely get what you pay for.  As a general rule, I will run in cheaper clothing in the summer but I don't skimp on winter running clothes.

genrally do non-brand - the brands are so very over priced and getting worse. Really?? $60 for a pair of running shorts or $30 for a t-shirt.

gotta pass on the name brand.

I generally rock a no name brand banana hammock and Asics.

Joann Y

I generally rock a no name brand banana hammock and Asics.

Where'd you get that hammock? Target?

No way baby, they were out. I had to drive two towns over to Marshalls.

kellyabramson

Branded name products specially for clothing are really expensive, either you buy that amount or not. The only thing is to buy a non-brand clothing that is worth and still fashionable, rather than buying one that rips your pocket or worst to buy the fake one.

Regards,
                                Kelly of http://eatmywords.com/