Upload from File (Read 652 times)

skitzo

I keep getting the following error when I try and "Upload from File" using a zipped file.  I tried with Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox and got the same error message.  I have a few years of data I'm trying to upload.  Any ideas?

thanks.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Maximum request length exceeded.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Maximum request length exceeded.

Source Error:

<code>An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.</code>

Stack Trace:

<code>
    [HttpException (0x80004005): Maximum request length exceeded.] System.Web.HttpRequest.GetEntireRawContent() +11138087 System.Web.HttpRequest.GetMultipartContent() +72 System.Web.HttpRequest.FillInFormCollection() +245 System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form() +119 System.Web.HttpRequest.get_HasForm() +11069383 System.Web.UI.Page.GetCollectionBasedOnMethod(Boolean dontReturnNull) +124 System.Web.UI.Page.DeterminePostBackMode() +83 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +270 
    </code>

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Maximum request length exceeded.

Try a smaller file to upload. ie one file for each month or so instead of  the "few years"  you mentioned.

Regards

Dirk

eric :)

skitzo,

The server only allows you to upload files of at most 1mb.  If you send me the file, I can upload it for you.  Alternatively, you can do what Dirk suggests and split the file into smaller ones.

eric :-)

skitzo

Eric - how do I limit the file size when I export my running history?  I don't remember being given any options for that.   Thanks.  If I can't figure it out I'll forward you the file.

... If you send me the file, I can upload it for you.  ...

Buddy, what  kind of precedent are you setting?

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

eric :)

skitzo,

Drop me a private message and we can go from there.

Eric - how do I limit the file size when I export my running history?  I don't remember being given any options for that.   Thanks.  If I can't figure it out I'll forward you the file.

Skitzo,

i've sent you a pm

regards

Dirk

Hi all,

"Spliting" a file can be done in GTC itself. In GTC you can right-click on a map and select an option called something like <map-name> export. (I do have a dutch version so it might be different).

But first you have to do some moving. Depending on your language and settings (and probably the type of unit) your history is placed in a map. In that map you can make sub-maps. ie Biking and as a submap biking september2009 .

then week by week (or activity by activity) you can move them into a submap.

Like i said above. Then you can export the content of that submap. Well, if you have that .tcx file you could open it with some texteditor. If this editor has a linarize command it deletes all linebrakes and unused spaces. Then zip the file and upload. And hope for a file less than 1mb Otherwise you have to split more.

edit: Spliting based on month is a guess depending on my use of my watch and the time i have for doing my sports. Certainly when you use 1 second recording and have some other units like a food pod or cadence unit you probably have to split more.

Succes and have fun

regards

Dirk