Covid 19 (Read 346 times)

Elite Jogger

A+ rant

Yep!... and I find it amusing that it’s openly called the “UK variant” by other countries!  When Trump called it the Chinese virus all the snowflakes on Twitter went ballistic. 

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

CalBears

Yep!... and I find it amusing that it’s openly called the “UK variant” by other countries!  When Trump called it the Chinese virus all the snowflakes on Twitter went ballistic. 

maybe because one of the statements is true and one is not? 

paces PRs - 5K - 5:55  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

Elite Jogger

maybe because one of the statements is true and one is not? 

So maybe the virus originally came from Russia. 

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Running Problem

Problem Child

So maybe the virus originally came from Russia. 

Who cares? All we had to do was allow Joe Biden to become President and it goes away. I noticed there wasn't any attempts from local officials to encourage social distancing this holiday weekend. Amazing how after Donald Trump leaves the office and we pass the 1 year mark it's not a big deal for anyone to get together. I'm looking forward to making jokes about it while watching the Boston Marathon runners do their full marathon with 19,000 other runners not wearing masks.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

Elite Jogger

Bblack

Oh look there’s now a California variant. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/coronavirus-double-mutant-covid-19-variant-found-in-californias-bay-area

"The Stanford Clinical Virology Lab, through genomic sequencing, has identified and confirmed one case of the emerging variant, which originated in India, according to a spokesperson for Stanford Health Care on Sunday. At least seven presumed cases of the Indian variant were also found"

Did you even read the first paragraph of the article you posted??

Elite Jogger

The Indian variant. 

Half Crazy K 2.0

And the Eek variant

Elite Jogger

How are things in Florida and Texas?

Elite Jogger

In the UK the media is still obsessed with covid variants and George Floyd...the 2 things that very few Brits could give a fuck about.

darkwave

Mother of Cats

In the UK the media is still obsessed with covid variants and George Floyd...the 2 things that very few Brits could give a fuck about.

It's revenge for the US fascination with the British Royal family.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

Elite Jogger

I genuinely don’t get the Harry/Meghan thing as they are the most woke hypocrites on the planet!

She abandoned her family and now he’s done the same.... but they preach about kindness.  

JMac11

Taper Czar

In the US, it's basically up to your narrative of the truth. For those on the right, COVID was never a big deal so things haven't changed. For those on the left, it's looking for every piece of news that could possibly scare them (currently, it's either "variants" even though they're all protected by the vaccine or "long COVID" as reasons they will continue to wear masks even fully vaccinated).

So basically, just like every other issue in America 

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:15:28 (3/20)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Next Race: Whatever COVID-19 will allow me to run 

Running Problem

Problem Child

In the US, it's basically up to your narrative of the truth. For those on the right, COVID was never a big deal so things haven't changed. For those on the left, it's looking for every piece of news that could possibly scare them (currently, it's either "variants" even though they're all protected by the vaccine or "long COVID" as reasons they will continue to wear masks even fully vaccinated).

So basically, just like every other issue in America 

0.13% decline in the total population locally and those who tested positive had a 98% chance of surviving. No political affiliation required to look at the numbers and say it wasn’t a big deal. 

isn’t Joe Biden looking into the original cause coming from a lab in china? I base all my information about Covid 19 off of memes.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

Running Problem

Problem Child

*like button smashed*