Covid 19 (Read 346 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Based on some real life experience…COVID 19. 5 years battling cancer wasnt the cause of death. It was COVID 19. Due to testing positive.

Stating it once again, if COVID was what complicated a person's condition enough that it kills them, then COVID was the cause. If a person has survived cancer for 19.5 years already, they probably would made it a good bit longer if they hadn't gotten COVID.

As I've said before, my dad would have died if he had gotten COVID in addition to the yeast infection in his chest and other lung issues. He is alive today but he wouldn't be if he'd gotten COVID.  I am very grateful for "Big Pharma" making it possible for him to be vaccinated now.

It really doesn't seem like rocket science to me to understand this concept.

Some people just like to do mental gymnastics to support their frustrations.

Considering my question involved a hypothetical someone who had never tested positive for Covid or even had any symptom of Covid whatsoever, I find it funny that I would get a response that the answer for their cause of death would be Covid.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Some people just like to do mental gymnastics to support their frustrations.

Considering my question involved a hypothetical someone who had never tested positive for Covid or even had any symptom of Covid whatsoever, I find it funny that I would get a response that the answer for their cause of death would be Covid.

If it happened in 2020 and they tested positive for COVID 19 they would have been counted as a COVID 19 death. It happened lots of places. It has been amazing seeing how many people died in 2020 and they were counted as a COVID 19 death. Doesn't matter if they were run over by a truck or shot to death if they tested positive for COVID 19 at the time of their death it was another "die of covid 19 with underlying medical condition" in the news. I watched it happen and it blew my mind.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

Elite Jogger

As I've said before, my dad would have died if he had gotten COVID in addition to the yeast infection in his chest and other lung issues. He is alive today but he wouldn't be if he'd gotten COVID.  I am very grateful for "Big Pharma" making it possible for him to be vaccinated now.

Iirc your dad was still willing to keep living a normal life... ie, continue going to church and mixing with people etc (which I admire).  Surely nearly all the elderly have now been double vaccinated? The younger folk shouldn’t be pressured into having the jab...but it's starting to become a divide and conquer with the government narrative. You will be penalised if you don’t do as we say. 

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

an amazing likeness

If it happened in 2020 and they tested positive for COVID 19 they would have been counted as a COVID 19 death. It happened lots of places. It has been amazing seeing how many people died in 2020 and they were counted as a COVID 19 death. Doesn't matter if they were run over by a truck or shot to death if they tested positive for COVID 19 at the time of their death it was another "die of covid 19 with underlying medical condition" in the news. I watched it happen and it blew my mind.

I'd like to learn more of this, could you offer some sources / references for me?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I'd like to learn more of this, could you offer some sources / references for me?

According to my neighbor, an EMT, this happened all the time. Nearly dead from car accident= covid. He claimed they were told to mark everything covid.

Do I believe him? HELL NO. I'm pretty sure it is outside the EMT's scope of practice to diagnose and not sure that diagnosis info would flow backwards from the hospital to the EMTs.  I wonder if all the workplace notices about standard precautions got twisted--employees are told to use PPE for patients and assume they are covid+ until proven otherwise somehow became every case is coded covid.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The younger folk shouldn’t be pressured into having the jab...but it's starting to become a divide and conquer with the government narrative. You will be penalised if you don’t do as we say. 

Do you understand how variants happen? You don't seem to really want an end to this if it means the slightest inconvenience to yourself.

'21 Goals:

No published goals...not going to jinx things • $500

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

dhuffman63

Trails

I don't think you can 100% say that the numbers are anywhere near correct.  It became political and anything related to that stinking pile is suspect.  There are lies, damn lies and statistics.  As an auditor when using statistics we incorporate a + or - degree of confidence in the numbers.  Typically you want no more/less thank 5% either way but that's assuming your population is anywhere close to reasonable.  My dad had underlying heart issues and died in May....if they took his body and did a Covid test (probably not in MS) and he tested positive I couldn't say that Covid caused it.  It may have contributed but the underlying true cause was heart failure.

Every state was calculating deaths differently, some states have an elected coroner, some are appointed, some are hired.  Some counties were overwhelmed.  Given all the "possible" mistakes, miscalculations, and just flat out lying going on the numbers are best guess at best.

What is truly amazing is the sheer number of people with no regard for other people's lives.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

From Scientific American:

Meanwhile, as the political debate over the response to the virus heats up, some have argued that death reports are being deliberately skewed. Aiken rejected the notion of a vast conspiracy by medical examiners; medical examiners are designed to be independent entities, she said, and they run the political gamut from conservative to liberal.

“It always cracks me up,” she said. “Medical examiners and coroners aren’t organized enough to have a conspiracy.”

Both undercounts and overcounts of COVID-19 deaths are possible, Wolfson said, but it’s not yet clear which is more likely, or whether they might simply balance each other out. Fowkes said that based on her experience, it’s more likely that COVID-19 deaths are being missed than overcounted. That’s because New York is among several cities that show spikes in deaths at home, and these anomalous spikes could be due to untested, untreated COVID-19.

Perhaps, the best clue as to whether COVID-19 deaths have been undercounted or overcounted is excess mortality data. Excess mortality is deaths above and beyond what would normally be expected in a given population in a given year. CDC data shows a spike of excess mortality in early 2020, adding up to tens of thousands of deaths.

'21 Goals:

~ Sarah Kay

Running Problem

Problem Child

Absolutely not. Maybe you can find out where I discussed it and start talking about it there.

Half Krazy your EMT friend isn't wrong. Insurance was paying out BIG for COVID 19 anything. I know it is hard to believe, but your EMT friend is NOT telling you a lie. Men like dhuffman's father were listed as a COVID 19 death even though he could have died of a heart attack.

zoom-zoom undercounts AND overcounts. So we can't trust any counts. I can't imagine why those New York counts aren't accurate. I wonder how many of those spikes in deaths are suicide due to losing a job, or kids not going to school, or stress from being locked down for 360 days in California.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

an amazing likeness

Absolutely not. Maybe you can find out where I discussed it and start talking about it there.

As an alternative here are some sources which give insights to a complicated and somewhat subjective event (determination of cause of death):

American Association of Medical Colleges "How are COVID-19 deaths counted? It’s complicated".

Politifact "COVID-19 skeptics say there’s an overcount. Doctors in the field say the opposite"

CDC dashboard "Excess Deaths Associated with COVID-19"

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Running Problem

Problem Child

As an alternative here are some sources which give insights to a complicated and somewhat subjective event (determination of cause of death):

American Association of Medical Colleges "How are COVID-19 deaths counted? It’s complicated".

Politifact "COVID-19 skeptics say there’s an overcount. Doctors in the field say the opposite"

CDC dashboard "Excess Deaths Associated with COVID-19"

From your Politifact article....

"If those individuals are positive for COVID-19 and have symptoms, COVID-19 is typically being listed on the death certificate as the cause of death, with their other diseases listed as contributory," said Dr. Sally Aiken, president of the National Association of Medical Examiners.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/vsrg/vsrg03-508.pdf

"If COVID–19 played a role in the death, this condition should be specified on the death certificate. In many cases, it is likely that it will be the UCOD, as it can lead to various lifethreatening conditions, such as pneumonia and acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS)."

Also....

"In some cases, survival from COVID–19 can be complicated by pre-existing chronic conditions, especially those that result in
                          diminished lung capacity, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or asthma. "

Straight from the CDC's website. Cause of death is COVID 19 and everything else is contributory. No wonder why the death rates are so high. They can't prove the death WASN'T caused by COVID 19 when they said the cause IS COVID 19 and everything else is just a contribution.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Half Krazy your EMT friend isn't wrong. Insurance was paying out BIG for COVID 19 anything. I know it is hard to believe, but your EMT friend is NOT telling you a lie. Men like dhuffman's father were listed as a COVID 19 death even though he could have died of a heart attack.

You've fallen for a half-truth/conspiracy theory.

'21 Goals:

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Straight from the CDC's website. Cause of death is COVID 19 and everything else is contributory. No wonder why the death rates are so high. They can't prove the death WASN'T caused by COVID 19 when they said the cause IS COVID 19 and everything else is just a contribution.

I ran and biked through every phase of cancer treatments/surgeries. I also have asthma and am short my largest lung lobe. These things have greatly slowed me down, but I'm still more physically fit and have better lung function than most of my 48 year old female peers.

That said, were I to have contracted Covid, the likely outcome would not be good.

Were I to die with a positive Covid test and acute symptoms, would you blame the Covid or my past contraindications? I've had no evidence of metastatic disease or any sort of treatments in >2 years. Would you blame well-managed type 1 diabetes or HBP in the covid-related death of a fit person <50?

'21 Goals:

~ Sarah Kay

Running Problem

Problem Child

I ran and biked through every phase of cancer treatments/surgeries. I also have asthma and am short my largest lung lobe. These things have greatly slowed me down, but I'm still more physically fit and have better lung function than most of my 48 year old female peers.

That said, were I to have contracted Covid, the likely outcome would not be good.

Were I to die with a positive Covid test and acute symptoms, would you blame the Covid or my past contraindications? I've had no evidence of metastatic disease or any sort of treatments in >2 years. Would you blame well-managed type 1 diabetes or HBP in the covid-related death of a fit person <50?

I don’t get to determine your cause of death.
                                Since the CDC clearly states covid 19 is the primary cause of death there is no reason to say anything else was more than contributory. You could be one of the 20,000 deaths from Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, or the 43,000+ deaths from breast cancer every year without a positive covid 19 test. Pop positive and you’re another COVID 19 death and everything else is just contributory to them.