Covid 19 (Read 474 times)

Prince of Fatness

Curious as to what the number of transgender people participating in sports is in FL vs say, the number of gun deaths per year there. 

But yeah, priorities.

Not at it at all. 

Running Problem

Problem Child

Curious as to what the number of transgender people participating in sports is in FL vs say, the number of gun deaths per year there. 

But yeah, priorities.

12-13/100k. Thankfully Joe Biden has decided to ban a gun that wasn’t even used in some recent mass shootings BECAUSE of the mass shootings. You know, because priorities (assault rifle ban) are transgender sports THEN the root cause of firearm deaths in America (bullets).

edit: it’s really hard to find how many transgender athletes participate in sports since I believe they’re listed as the gender they identify with, not the gender assigned to them by a birth certificate. So maybe 25/100k or maybe 2/100k. I think it would require access to people’s medical files. HIPPA is kind of a bitch ya know.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 51

5k19:35 | Marathon 2:59:10

JMac11

Taper Czar

Further, a court case in CT was just dismissed as moot, that involved HS track and two trans-girls who "dominated".

Personally, I haven't come to any personal conclusion about this difficult issue.  "Fair" is such an odd term when so many factors play into someone's advantage that aren't just "hard work".

I'd be careful on the moot point with the CT case: my understanding was they dismissed it because the transgender athletes in question had graduated at the point the case arrived to the judge, so the plaintiffs effectively had no standing. Although I'll let the lawyers chime in.

To act like there's no issue here at all like Tanya did when there's clearly been issues in the CT track and field is just political partisanship (similar to the right's idea that somehow the bathrooms were going to be used by predators to come after women). We all forget what we needed to go right as kids to be where we are today. For many athletes, not getting to national meets because they lost in the state meets can make a major difference in their lives. Nobody should be dismissing that as "fearmongering" like Tanya or "transphobic" as many others have

I agree it's an incredibly difficult issue. It's a shame in today's hyper partisan world it cannot be discussed in the open without being shouted down.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:15:28 (3/20)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Next Race: Cow Harbor 10K (9/18)

Running Problem

Problem Child

Y’all better keep this on track before the moderators lock it down. This is for COVID 19. Transgender issues can be discussed elsewhere.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 51

JMac11

Taper Czar

Y’all better keep this on track before the moderators lock it down. This is for COVID 19. Transgender issues can be discussed elsewhere.

Where's Trent when we need a little fear mongering and misinformation on how vaccine studies work? Probably having a drink with liquor store guy 

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:15:28 (3/20)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Next Race: Cow Harbor 10K (9/18)

Elite Jogger

Where's Trent when we need a little fear mongering and misinformation on how vaccine studies work? Probably having a drink with liquor store guy 

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Running Problem

Problem Child

Not even joking or being sarcastic when I say:

’I don’t get it.’ The joke, or insult, has been lost on me.

VDOT 51

Elite Jogger

Jesus wept. 

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

I'd be careful on the moot point with the CT case: my understanding was they dismissed it because the transgender athletes in question had graduated at the point the case arrived to the judge, so the plaintiffs effectively had no standing. Although I'll let the lawyers chime in.

To act like there's no issue here at all like Tanya did when there's clearly been issues in the CT track and field is just political partisanship (similar to the right's idea that somehow the bathrooms were going to be used by predators to come after women). We all forget what we needed to go right as kids to be where we are today. For many athletes, not getting to national meets because they lost in the state meets can make a major difference in their lives. Nobody should be dismissing that as "fearmongering" like Tanya or "transphobic" as many others have

I agree it's an incredibly difficult issue. It's a shame in today's hyper partisan world it cannot be discussed in the open without being shouted down.

Well it's maybe 0.3 percent of grade school/ high school kids. And of those, the vast majority are not, by any stretch,  rushing out to play sports due to a *possible* advantage.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Well it's maybe 0.3 percent of grade school/ high school kids. And of those, the vast majority are not, by any stretch,  rushing out to play sports due to a *possible* advantage.

So double the percentage of people who died from Covid 19? Yeah we should shut down sports until we find a solution to this transgender thing. Maybe there is a shot all the other athletes can take to protect the 0.3% of the population.

VDOT 51

Prince of Fatness

So double the percentage of people who died from Covid 19? Yeah we should shut down sports until we find a solution to this transgender thing. Maybe there is a shot all the other athletes can take to protect the 0.3% of the population.

Do you read what you post?  Asking for a friend.

Not at it at all. 

an amazing likeness

"Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else."

Seldom has one sentence been so insightful.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Running Problem

Problem Child

"Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else."

Here…I’ll break it down again like the other three times everyone ignore it. 

New York. 19.54 million people. 53,052 deaths from Covid 19. 53,052/19,540,000 = 0.2715% of the population of New York died. It’s about 0.235% for Connecticut. Texas Covid 19 deaths are 0.17% of the total population.

0.3% of the population was transgender in sports number from above.

so 0.17% (population dead from Covid in a state other than New York) is ALMOST…ONE HALF… of the population of transgender people in sports stated by the post above (0.3%) when this discussion went from COVID 19 to transgender representation and rights. 

oh maybe you thought I was speaking of globally and didn’t bother to ask any sort of clarifying question since you’re always right. 

VDOT 51

an amazing likeness

I'll ignore your personal dig and diagram your post to see if I can follow your logic:

1. NY had a COVID death rate of 0.2175% of the NY population

2. For CT the COVID death rate was 0.235% of the state's population

3. For TX the COVID death rate was 0.17%

4. That 0.17% of TX people who died from COVID is "ONE HALF" of the 0.3% transgender rate in "sports"

So my question to you, Mr. Clear Logic that you are, is this:  You've diagrammed over 100K deaths in your statements 1-3. WTF does any percentage of transgender in sports have to due with COVID death rates?

Answer: Nothing. Zero. Nada. There is exactly 0% correlation.

I remain unsure of what the hell point you are trying to make.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Elite Jogger

LOL how is liquor store guy keeping these days?  Still jogging loads of marathons but never actually training properly for one?