Covid 19 (Read 355 times)

he wanted the country opened up by Easter.  It's purely coincidence that the date was approximately right.

In geological terms, being off by 13 months is more than approximately right. It's spot on.

Runners run.

If the person is Bulgarian, I get a little more than miffed.

I appreciate you, gumbee

Runners run.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I've been wearing a mask the past several days, and people have been judging me. I don't care.  I wasn't wearing the mask because of COVID, but because I caught a cold and didn't want to spread it to others.

Running Problem

Problem Child

The issue with Trump's announcement was that it had no more scientific basis than his statement he wanted the country opened up by Easter.  It's purely coincidence that the date was approximately right.

How is it a coincidence? He had the same CDC and the same vaccines as Joe Biden and he was right on target. Oh, because orange man bad. Well maybe President Biden will hit his July 4, 2021 vaccination goal with all the states giving out $1,000,000 for getting at least one shot. 

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 51

5k19:35 | Marathon 2:59:10

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

How is it a coincidence? He had the same CDC and the same vaccines as Joe Biden and he was right on target. Oh, because orange man bad. Well maybe President Biden will hit his July 4, 2021 vaccination goal with all the states giving out $1,000,000 for getting at least one shot. 

It's coincidence because Trump based his pronouncements on political wishful thinking, not science.   But you probably don't understand that.

2021 Races:

09/08/21 - One Day at the Fair 12-Hour (tentative)

11/20/21 - Crooked Road 24

Running Problem

Problem Child

It's coincidence because Trump based his pronouncements on political wishful thinking, not science.   But you probably don't understand that.

Oh I wouldn’t understand saying one President is correctly identifying an end date for covid dangers based on political wishful thinking, and another isn’t? Interesting. Same medical professionals advising Biden and Trump but one is luck and the other is not. Somehow Biden is going to miss his vaccination goal, and Trump got luck predicting a year after COVID became mainstream it wouldn’t be as big of a deal to a lot of people.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 51

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Oh I wouldn’t understand saying one President is correctly identifying an end date for covid dangers based on political wishful thinking, and another isn’t? Interesting. Same medical professionals advising Biden and Trump but one is luck and the other is not. Somehow Biden is going to miss his vaccination goal, and Trump got luck predicting a year after COVID became mainstream it wouldn’t be as big of a deal to a lot of people.

So you also conveniently forget how many times Dr. Fauci had to correct Trump.  Having the same advisors and actually listening to them are two entirely different actions.

2021 Races:

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Just to raise the IQ of this thread, I want to post a semi-related philosophical problem about epistemology (study of what we can know).

It's called "The Gettier Problem":

Man asks a very old woman, named Betty, "Are there an even or odd number of stars on the American flag?"

Betty: Even!

Man: And how many stars are there?

Betty: 48!

Now, the philosophical question is: does Betty know there are an even number of stars?  Typically the test for "knowledge" is that you have a:

1. Justified
                  2. True
                  3. Belief

What you say is actually true (2).  You believe what you are saying (3).  And you have good justification for saying it (1).  Betty passes all 3 about the "Even" part.  But fails on the "how many part."   This has stumped philosophers for half a century.

Now, this does not directly apply to the conversation above, because that is about assessing a future that does not have a Truth value yet. But it is still interesting in evaluating Trump vs Biden predictions and aspirational goals, mostly via the #1 claim.  Though the #3 claim was always suspect with Trump.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Trent

Goodnight Monkey

Just to raise the IQ of this thread, I want to post a semi-related philosophical problem about epistemology (study of what we can know).

Man asks a very old woman, named Betty, "Are there an even or odd number of stars on the American flag?"

Now, the philosophical question is: does Betty know there are an even number of stars?  Typically the test for "knowledge" is that you have a:

1. Justified
                    2. True
                    3. Belief

What you say is actually true (2).  You believe what you are saying (3).  And you have good justification for saying it (1).  Betty passes all 3 about the "Even" part.  But fails on the "how many part."   This has stumped philosophers for half a century.

Now, this does not directly apply to the conversation above, because that is about assessing a future that does not have a Truth value yet. But it is still interesting in evaluating Trump vs Biden predictions and aspirational goals, mostly via the #1 claim.  Though the #3 claim was always suspect with Trump.

TL;DR. Short answer - a broken [analog] clock is still right twice a day.

Prince of Fatness

Yeah there’s the blind squirrel too.

Semi-back-at-it. 

Running Problem

Problem Child

So you also conveniently forget how many times Dr. Fauci had to correct Trump.  Having the same advisors and actually listening to them are two entirely different actions.

I didn't forget. I never paid attention in the first place. All my information about Covid 19 and the dangers associated with it come directly from this thread, and the "dashboards" reporting deaths/cases of COVID 19. Amazingly I learned a lot about COVID 19 without watching the news or social media. I learned a little bit from some memes though.

VDOT 51

Running Problem

Problem Child

1. Justified
                          2. True
                          3. Belief

I'm pretty sure we can count the number of starts on the flag. The number of people who have been saved by the vaccine developed under President Trump outweighs those saved under the vaccine developed under President Biden. Mostly because there hasn't been a vaccine developed under Biden. Biden DOES happen to have the possibility of getting the first fully FDA approved COVID 19 vaccine which is going to be valuable if we're ever to recover from the pandemic responsible for killing like 2.5% of the population. To put it into perspective according to one website there was about 3056 people in the United States killed or injured by guns. This represents 0.0009% of the population and we still need to have more gun laws to stop gun violence, but we can freely move about the country without masks while this global pandemic hasn't ended. I'm sure everyone can justify believing this truth.

VDOT 51

1. Justified
                            2. True
                            3. Belief

The above example does not indicate in what year this question was asked (occurred).

Between February 14, 1912 and January 2, 1959 there were 48 states

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

The number of people who have been saved by the vaccine developed under President Trump outweighs those saved under the vaccine developed under President Biden. Mostly because there hasn't been a vaccine developed under Biden.

That seems to imply that Trump was responsible for the development of the vaccine which is about as valid as Trump's claims that is would soon disappear back in February, 2020. This is just another example you trying to twist the truth to suit whatever point it is that you're trying to make, though what your point is is about as clear as muddy water.

2021 Races:

darkwave

Mother of Cats

That seems to imply that Trump was responsible for the development of the vaccine which is about as valid as Trump's claims that is would soon disappear back in February, 2020. This is just another example you trying to twist the truth to suit whatever point it is that you're trying to make, though what your point is is about as clear as muddy water.

While President Trump was not personally directly responsible for the development of the vaccine, Project Warp Speed was an initiative under his administration that arguably played a large role in getting us where we are today.

I am NOT a fan of President Trump at all; I think he was one of the worst presidents we've ever had (and certainly the worst in my lifetime).  But there were some positives and accomplishments, and Project Warp Speed was one of them, IMHO.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.