Covid 19 (Read 355 times)

Running Problem

Problem Child

That seems to imply that Trump was responsible for the development of the vaccine which is about as valid as Trump's claims that is would soon disappear back in February, 2020. This is just another example you trying to twist the truth to suit whatever point it is that you're trying to make, though what your point is is about as clear as muddy water.

Edit: see post above for an explanation you’ll possibly accept as mine won’t be anything other than a twisting of the truth to you. Just like when I pointed out how the CDC said covid 10 was the ultimate cause of death starting September 1, 2020.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 51

5k19:35 | Marathon 2:59:10

an amazing likeness

One of history's lesson is that we usually overlook the unsung heros who had a great idea, doggedly pursued it, and was ready when a great opportunity or need arrived and they had a solution...

Kati Kariko started working in mRNA in mid-1980s and ended up shepherding into existence the mRNA vaccine tech that is saving the health and lives of people across the globe. In effect, she created the ability to tell a cell how to make any protein you needed.

These "rushed" vaccines were the result of decades of work by Kati and others.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Running Problem

Problem Child

One of history's lesson is that we usually overlook the unsung heros who had a great idea, doggedly pursued it, and was ready when a great opportunity or need arrived and they had a solution...

Kati Kariko started working in mRNA in mid-1980s and ended up shepherding into existence the mRNA vaccine tech that is saving the health and lives of people across the globe. In effect, she created the ability to tell a cell how to make any protein you needed.

These "rushed" vaccines were the result of decades of work by Kati and others.

Hey as long as none of the credit goes to Donald Trump it’s all good. It’s unfortunate Kati, like plenty of other females in science, didn’t get as much credit as she deserved.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 51

Train SMART

While President Trump was not personally directly responsible for the development of the vaccine, Project Warp Speed was an initiative under his administration that arguably played a large role in getting us where we are today.

I am NOT a fan of President Trump at all; I think he was one of the worst presidents we've ever had (and certainly the worst in my lifetime).  But there were some positives and accomplishments, and Project Warp Speed was one of them, IMHO.

Trump initiated warp speed, he got vaccinated and he says everyone should get vaccinated. What intrigues me is that his supporters rave about his work on the vaccine and warp speed etc yet his biggest supporters are the ones not getting vaccinated. Trying to wrap my head around this logic. 🤔

THE RECOVERY MAN. Run Injury Free. Free Recovery Report www.smartapproachtraining.com

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Trump initiated warp speed, he got vaccinated and he says everyone should get vaccinated. What intrigues me is that his supporters rave about his work on the vaccine and warp speed etc yet his biggest supporters are the ones not getting vaccinated. Trying to wrap my head around this logic. 🤔

Yes, it's bizarre.  Some of my extended family members are in that group.  I gave up trying to talk sense into them.  I did request that they stop sending me crap.

Prince of Fatness

Sure Trump said that everyone should get vaccinated but his behavior betrayed his words. He constantly mocked the scientific community and hosted super spreader events, one of which earned him a hospital stay due to Covid. 

If you look at from the perspective of following his behavior then it’s easy to understand those people not getting vaccinated.

Semi-back-at-it. 

MoBramExam

What intrigues me is that his supporters rave about his work on the vaccine and warp speed etc yet his biggest supporters are the ones not getting vaccinated. Trying to wrap my head around this logic. 🤔

Living and interacting with people in part a of the country that voted about 65% DJT, can tell you those two positions are not as mutually exclusive as they appear in the general (national) conversation.

Even in this thread, one of the most intelligent and respected contributors has stated a very logical and well thought out reason for having vaccine hesitency.

Elite Jogger

Biden having a lovely exchange with Macron with no mask on. It must be a special relationship as Biden even wears a mask on zoom! 

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Biden having a lovely exchange with Macron with no mask on. It must be a special relationship as Biden even wears a mask on zoom! 

Good example of willful stupidity:

CDC recommends if you know the other part(ies) are vac+, then no need for masks.  In a zoom, the POTUS maybe has others in the physical room, who may not be V++.  So, a mask is appropriate.  Or he's just reminding people by being a good example.  But sure.  Suggest that he thinks people can catch the COVID over the Inter Webs.  You look smart.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

kcam

Is he sniffing that woman's hair?

Running Problem

Problem Child

Gavin Newsome was doing that months ago WITH his state wide lockdown in place at an indoor birthday party with people from more than 3 households. He apologized and was forgiven of all wrongdoing. Biden is vaccinated and his federal mandate just said you SHOULD wear a mask. In America the COVID 19 is so dangerous you have to be offered a chance to win $1,000,000 to get at least one shot of the vaccine, and we are sending the unused portions to other countries.

VDOT 51

JMac11

Taper Czar

CDC recommends if you know the other part(ies) are vac+, then no need for masks.  In a zoom, the POTUS maybe has others in the physical room, who may not be V++.  So, a mask is appropriate.  Or he's just reminding people by being a good example.  But sure.  Suggest that he thinks people can catch the COVID over the Inter Webs.  You look smart.

Since you are calling out people for "looking smart" in a very smug way (along with your "raise the IQ" comment earlier) please point me to the latest CDC guidance that says vaccinated people should wear masks if those around them are not vaccinated or they don't know the vaccination status.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:15:28 (3/20)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Next Race: Run to the Brewery 5M (8/1)

Running Problem

Problem Child

It’s probably the same as mask with the ‘you get vaccinated to protect me’ logic. I don’t know for sure ad I’ve really never cared who is vaccinated for what at any point in my life. Apparently lots of people care about what I do or don’t put into my body as if it is their own.

VDOT 51

Running Problem

Problem Child

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cdc-guideline-mask-vaccinated-covid-19-indoor/
                              If vaccinated no need for masks indoors or outdoors, with or without knowing the status of the vaccination status of those around you. At least according to Dr. Rochelle Walensky. 

VDOT 51

Elite Jogger

Has anyone on here ever done an elbow bump to greet somebody instead of a handshake or hug during this pandemic?

Seriously, it just looks pathetic 👎

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)