Covid 19 (Read 355 times)

inaugment

Alter reality games are very interactive games. Just like the way the technology works, most of these games are created to play out in the user’s immediate environment. Some may take the form of puzzles whose clues are hidden in different places and objects in the player’s environment. Hence, augmented reality games allow players to experience and explore their real-world environment in different ways.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Sounds like just the place for you.

HA! You're the worst at just pointing fingers, burying your head in the sand and "my way is the only way" mentality. I tried showing you numbers and facts but you continue to keep to YOUR way of thinking without any chance of opening your mind all because YOUR personal experience and medical ailments probably need to be the standard of measurement.

Flavio be careful what you wish for. I'm sure some of the countries in Europe are glad there aren't annoying Americans visiting. Yes the tourism dollars would be nice, BUT COVID has done a lot to keep people closer to home. Now people in America are concerned with inflation and the rising cost of things so traveling isn't on some people's budgets anymore. At least not out of the counrty.

I went and checked out lets run. Bunch of news articles. I finally found the forums and it looked like a lot of people looking for advice, then one thread asking about why bad coaches focus on form. I didn't really see anything different from this place. Its just a different color and has more people and news articles specific to running. Oh yeah I saw something from 2013 about the DOW Jones dropping. It was at 15,000 back then and it's currently sitting at $34,000. Crazy how much doom and gloom there was under President Obama and now we have record low interest rates combined with articles about how it isn't fair to compare 2021 prices to 2020 prices due to COVID 19 shutting down businesses/industries because wearing a mask wasn't actually as safe as people online said it was, or something like that. Seems to depend on shopping at a locally owned company or major corporation to see if you were safe. I'm sure Lets Run had a thread about it. Derailed enough?

EDIT:

Alter reality games are very interactive games. Just like the way the technology works, most of these games are created to play out in the user’s immediate environment. Some may take the form of puzzles whose clues are hidden in different places and objects in the player’s environment. Hence, augmented reality games allow players to experience and explore their real-world environment in different ways.

apparently not.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 51

5k19:35 | Marathon 2:59:10

JMac11

Taper Czar

Mikkey - Elbow bump seems too weird. I do fist bumps 👊 (already did them in the pre-covid era) 

Fist bumps are way better than a hand shake and this pandemic has sold me on them.

1) I don't need to shake some guy's hand who I've seen a bunch of times leave the bathroom without washing his hands

2) No weird interaction of "that was way too firm" or "that was way too weak"

3) No weird feeling of a hand that is as wet as the Louisiana bayou or dry and cracked as the Arizona desert

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:15:28 (3/20)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Next Race: Run to the Brewery 5M (8/1)

dhuffman63

Trails

LOL...I'd rather people not touch me at all so I'm quite happy in the no handshake world.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I'd be perfectly fine to avoid handshakes. And also there are a lot of people I'd prefer to skip the hugs.

Running Problem

Problem Child

I like to shake people's hands and hug them because it makes them feel uncomfortable. I did this pre covid19 and I don't like hugging. People asked why I hug and I'd say "cuz I hate it and know how it makes me feel so I do it so other people can feel that way."

Elbow touching make me chuckle just because I've never seen someone wash their elbows.  They're somehow free of germs. I always thought foot taps would make a great greeting.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 51

Half Crazy K 2.0

I like to shake people's hands and hug them because it makes them feel uncomfortable. I did this pre covid19 and I don't like hugging. People asked why I hug and I'd say "cuz I hate it and know how it makes me feel so I do it so other people can feel that way."

Elbow touching make me chuckle just because I've never seen someone wash their elbows.  They're somehow free of germs. I always thought foot taps would make a great greeting.

I did the elbow touching while it was cold out & I was wearing long sleeves. It wound up basically being a block against hugs. This was way back in March 2020 and I had just recovered from pnuemonia, so last thing I wanted was another respiratory infection.

Running Problem

Problem Child

I did the elbow touching while it was cold out & I was wearing long sleeves. It wound up basically being a block against hugs. This was way back in March 2020 and I had just recovered from pnuemonia, so last thing I wanted was another respiratory infection.

That just makes for a tighter hug. It is similar to a "cuddle struggle" where you keep saying "okay that's enough" and I keep saying "no it needs to be a good one. Just let it happen. It's natural. My germs aren't going to get you because I'm wearing a mask. I lived through the cootie outbreak of 4th grade."

EDIT:

God damnit...another COVID strain. Just as we're taking away mask mandates and working from home is impossible. It's like we're all just treating it like another flu season.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/delta-variant-covid-symptoms-e2-80-98include-headaches-sore-throat-and-runny-nose-e2-80-99/ar-AAL1PKF?ocid=uxbndlbing

"Headaches, a sore throat and a runny nose are the most common symptoms associated with the UK’s most widely established Covid variant, researchers have said."

“Covid is … acting differently now, it’s more like a bad cold,” he said. “People might think they’ve just got some sort of seasonal cold, and they still go out to parties … we think this is fuelling a lot of the problem. So, what’s really important to realise is that since the start of May, we’ve been looking at the top symptoms in all the app users, and they’re not the same as they were. So, the number one symptom is headache … followed by sore throat, runny nose and fever.”

VDOT 51

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Running Problem

Problem Child

https://slate.com/technology/2021/06/covid-vaccine-skepticism-how-to-address.html

We're all going to be vaccinated? really? I highly doubt everyone will be vaccinated since less than 50% of the population gets the flu vaccine in my state. Even with a chance to win $1,000,000 and no need to have an appointment to be vaccinated for months people still don't want to get vaccinated. They'd rather get COVID 19 and quarantine at home for 2 weeks while getting paid, until that is no longer an option due to the economy needing them to work.

1.8% chance of death from COVID 19 seems like little to no reason to mandate a vaccination. Remember, you get vaccinated to protect those around you. It's the same as wearing a mask. 98.2% chance of living if you get COVD 19. I was expecting something a lot more dangerous for how much of the news this consumed a year ago when no vaccine existed.

VDOT 51

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I have no idea what that ^ has to do with the article I posted. I just thought some clarity in thinking would be nice.

an amazing likeness

You're likely to get vaccinated one way or the other...pharmacological or by getting infected. One has a proven 1.8% rate of bad stuff, one doesn't. Pick.

How 'bout this news headline for the "yeah, makes sense" award:  "Coronavirus infections dropping where people are vaccinated, rising where they are not"

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

dhuffman63

Trails

Healthy people get vaccinated to protect others who can not...people with cancer, people with autoimmune disease that have to have immune suppressants to live, people with transplants.  These people did not ask to be ill and they certainly deserve protection from the maskholes and unvaccinated.  This virus has shown one thing...People are fecking selfish arseholes.

JMac11

Taper Czar

Healthy people get vaccinated to protect others who can not...people with cancer, people with autoimmune disease that have to have immune suppressants to live, people with transplants.  These people did not ask to be ill and they certainly deserve protection from the maskholes and unvaccinated.  This virus has shown one thing...People are fecking selfish arseholes.

I did find it hilarious in that Houston hospital story that one of the guys fired for not getting the vaccine was the head of risk management. Forget the safety of others, guy proved he has no idea what risk management looks like.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:15:28 (3/20)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Next Race: Run to the Brewery 5M (8/1)

Yooper3.1

You're likely to get vaccinated one way or the other...pharmacological or by getting infected. One has a proven 1.8% rate of bad stuff, one doesn't. Pick.

"Bad stuff" includes more than death, so I'd put that percentage much higher.  I know a lot of folks who survived it and are still dealing with the effects.

Here's another way to look at the choice:  get a virus made in China or a vaccine made in the US.