Covid 19 (Read 473 times)

Prince of Fatness

If you don’t realise the damage your President has done then you are beyond help.

You didn’t answer my question

Not at it at all. 

You didn’t answer my question

You had to know he couldn’t do that.

Running Problem

Problem Child

It is notoriously hard to get hired by the Federal Government. The joke around town is that this just made it a bit easier.

Aren’t senators and congress, along with their aids and USPS, exempt from the vaccine mandate President Biden just issued? First thing Congress does is get themselves exempted.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 51

5k19:35 | Marathon 2:59:10

Running Problem

Problem Child

If you ignore the lame joke in the first two sentences, it's really hard to see that post as negative towards you. I don't care at all whether you are like me, vote like me, enjoy what I enjoy, or anything else, including whether you're vaccinated. I just had hoped you weren't making the decision to get vaccinated or not based on political BS instead of other reasons. But it seems like you are. And ultimately, whatevs. At least you own it. I respect that to some degree. It's better than coming up with "the Chinese used Italian satellites to alter our election" level theories as to why no one should be vaccinated.

Literally no one has asked why I won’t here. I don’t want it. Just like I don’t want to smoke, I don’t want a Ferrari, or I don’t want hot sauce on my food. No one will respect any of this. Lame joke or not. It doesn’t seem like anyone cares what I want, and they’d rather deny me medical treatment because of it, and laugh on my grave. Nothing political. Everything social. The treatment of the unvaccinated by the vaccinated is disgusting to me and I refuse to be associated with the group of people because of their treatment of others. I am glad I don’t find it acceptable to blame a group of people for all the problems in the world because of their medical history.. I don’t find it acceptable to make someone “show me your papers” just to enter a restaurant. It’s appalling the year of 2021 has this when 2021 was filled with reminders of why it’s wrong to treat people like this and here we are. I could care less what country helped rig the election because if Trump won and mandated the vaccine 50-60% of America would feel the exact opposite. Get back to 2019 when no one cared if I had my MMR or tdap or HIV vaccine treatments. Maybe then I wouldn’t be so afraid to tell a doctor I was a former smoker/alcoholic/meth head/steroid user/diabetic so I wouldn’t be denied treatment based on my medical past. Back to the good old days of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.”

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 51

5k19:35 | Marathon 2:59:10

Elite Jogger

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Elite Jogger

Literally no one has asked why I won’t here. I don’t want it. Just like I don’t want to smoke, I don’t want a Ferrari, or I don’t want hot sauce on my food. No one will respect any of this. Lame joke or not. It doesn’t seem like anyone cares what I want, and they’d rather deny me medical treatment because of it, and laugh on my grave. Nothing political. Everything social. The treatment of the unvaccinated by the vaccinated is disgusting to me and I refuse to be associated with the group of people because of their treatment of others. I am glad I don’t find it acceptable to blame a group of people for all the problems in the world because of their medical history.. I don’t find it acceptable to make someone “show me your papers” just to enter a restaurant. It’s appalling the year of 2021 has this when 2021 was filled with reminders of why it’s wrong to treat people like this and here we are. I could care less what country helped rig the election because if Trump won and mandated the vaccine 50-60% of America would feel the exact opposite. Get back to 2019 when no one cared if I had my MMR or tdap or HIV vaccine treatments. Maybe then I wouldn’t be so afraid to tell a doctor I was a former smoker/alcoholic/meth head/steroid user/diabetic so I wouldn’t be denied treatment based on my medical past. Back to the good old days of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.”

An honest post, but it won’t go down well on this thread.

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Andres1045

You're totally right that I don't care what you want with respect to the vaccine. I don't ultimately give a crap why you don't want to get vaccinated, even though I was curious about your position. I do find you interesting and have always enjoyed reading your thoughts on a lot of things even though many are quite different than mine. I also assume my reasons for getting vaccinated are of no interest to you. And why in the world would you care?

Where you're dead wrong is in this belief that all of us that decided to get vaccinated have teamed up to plan how we'll piss on your grave, or have all united on any other position. Even people that are encouraging you to get vaccinated aren't all out to get you, or are wishing you harm if you decide not to. 

It's one thing to write this stuff in some obscure running forum. But hopefully you don't treat people in your real world this way--just assuming that the vaccinated people around you have teamed up to cheer on your demise. If you look for the worst in people, you will always find it. Sure, there are tons of assholes out there. Just don't assume if you're vaccinated, you automatically fit in that group.

Upcoming races: Boston

Andres1045

An honest post, but it won’t go down well on this thread.

Without you and RP, this place would be boring as hell!

Upcoming races: Boston

Elite Jogger

Without you and RP, this place would be boring as hell!

Thanks!

I don’t really take this thread seriously and thankfully all my family and friends have a similar attitude to you. 👍

Prince of Fatness

You had to know he couldn’t do that.

True, but I had to try.

Not at it at all. 

Elite Jogger

A question to my favourite echo chamber thread...

What are the top 3 things you admire most about President Joe Biden?  (you can add more if you wish)

Trent

Goodnight Monkey

True, but I had to try.

Mikkey: doesn’t answer a serious question asking him to clarify an assertion. 

Also Mikkey: instead inks an NYP article that can’t even spell its title correctly. 

Also Mikkey: asks a question expecting that others will answer it

Elite Jogger

Mikkey: doesn’t answer a serious question asking him to clarify an assertion. 

Also Mikkey: instead inks an NYP article that can’t even spell its title correctly. 

Also Mikkey: asks a question expecting that others will answer it

I live in your head rent free buddy.

Keep up the good work. 👍

RP you're not getting the potentially life saving vaccine that could help end this pandemic because you perceive "the vaccinated" to be mean to you? Seems irrational on a couple levels but as Andres alluded to "the vaccinated" is most people at this point so there's no way we're all part of a conspiracy.

I'm just one guy with an internet connection and the vaccinated have not elected me their spokesperson, but I want you to get vaccinated because it will increase your and your community's chance of staying healthy.

I'd never advocate witholding medical care based on vaccination status, but I do sympathize with healthcare providers who are having to make impossible, gut-wrenching decisions about how to ration care because their resources are beyond maxed out due to the needlessly continuing covid crisis. And I can see vaccination status being a factor when determining who is most likely to survive, and therefore who should be prioritized for treatment.

Runners run.

MoBramExam

What are the top 3 things you admire most about President Joe Biden?  (you can add more if you wish)

I mean you’ve got the first sort of mainstream septuagenarian who is articulate and bright and clean and nice-looking guy, I mean that’s a storybook, man.