Covid 19 (Read 473 times)

Elite Jogger

I mean you’ve got the first sort of mainstream septuagenarian who is articulate and bright and clean and nice-looking guy, I mean that’s a storybook, man. 

C’mon Eric Smile   We need to get the like button sorted.

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Trent

Goodnight Monkey

Bless your heart, you addled prat.

I live in your head rent free buddy.

Keep up the good work. 👍

Elite Jogger

❤️

#likebuttonforRA

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Elite Jogger

Btw, you still haven’t answered the 3 best things about Joe question?  C’mon it should be really easy for you to answer.

#artbydmcbride

Joe Biden

1. Honest

2. Compassionate

3. Intelligent

4. years of Public Service

5. Great taste in women

etc.

Runners run

Hi Ilene!

Runners run.

Trent

Goodnight Monkey

you know I’m delighted to answer this question for you, just as soon as you answer Mr. Finn‘s question.

Btw, you still haven’t answered the 3 best things about Joe question?  C’mon it should be really easy for you to answer.

Elite Jogger

Joe Biden

1. Honest

2. Compassionate

3. Intelligent

4. years of Public Service

5. Great taste in women

etc.

Yep, he’s definitely punching. 👍

I feel like a 75-year old book should be required reading in these times.

“All I can say is that on this earth there are pestilences and there are victims– and as far as possible one must refuse to be on the side of the pestilence.”
                    ― Albert Camus, The Plague

“In this respect, our townsfolk were like everybody else, wrapped up in themselves; in other words, they were humanists: they disbelieved in pestilences. A pestilence isn't a thing made to man's measure; therefore we tell ourselves that pestilence is a mere bogy of the mind, a bad dream that will pass away. But it doesn't always pass away and, from one bad dream to another, it is men who pass away, and the humanists first of all, because they have taken no precautions.”

“I have no idea what's awaiting me, or what will happen when this all ends. For the moment I know this: there are sick people and they need curing.”

“The evil in the world comes almost always from ignorance, and goodwill can cause as much damage as ill-will if it is not enlightened. People are more often good than bad, though in fact that is not the question. But they are more or less ignorant and this is what one calls vice or virtue, the most appalling vice being the ignorance that thinks it knows everything and which consequently authorizes itself to kill. The murderer's soul is blind, and there is no true goodness or fine love without the greatest possible degree of clear-sightedness.”

Running Problem

Problem Child

RP you're not getting the potentially life saving vaccine that could help end this pandemic because you perceive "the vaccinated" to be mean to you? Seems irrational on a couple levels but as Andres alluded to "the vaccinated" is most people at this point so there's no way we're all part of a conspiracy.

I'm just one guy with an internet connection and the vaccinated have not elected me their spokesperson, but I want you to get vaccinated because it will increase your and your community's chance of staying healthy.

I'd never advocate witholding medical care based on vaccination status, but I do sympathize with healthcare providers who are having to make impossible, gut-wrenching decisions about how to ration care because their resources are beyond maxed out due to the needlessly continuing covid crisis. And I can see vaccination status being a factor when determining who is most likely to survive, and therefore who should be prioritized for treatment.

Thankfully my life isn't lived the way you want it to be lived. I want to be left to decide if I want a recently FDA approved shot or not. Thankfully I have a President who changed his mind about not mandating it so I won't have to worry about these things. I'm glad I've lived long enough to get to a point in live where me NOT wanting something causes a problem for others. Maybe I'll get a chance to tell people how to live their lives and when they don't live it the way I want them to I can blame them for healthcare problems...

Imagine the outrage if the state enforced weight loss mandates for the obese to relieve the health care system.

— Naomi Seibt (@SeibtNaomi) September 12, 2021

Andres I'm very different in real life than this forum. No. I don't care why you were vaccinated, I won't ask why you were vaccinated, and I'll listen to you if you want to tell me why. Just know if you were an alcoholic who killed a school bus full of kids because of you're drinking it wouldn't make me stop drinking. If you were a limo driver who killed 20 people I wouldn't avoid riding in a limo. I assume all the vaccinated people in my life either assume I'm vaccinated and don't care to confirm, or avoid me because they know I'm not vaccinated without ever asking me directly. You're one of the few who seems to take a stance of "I want you to and at the end of the day it is your choice, but don't say I didn't tell you." This is how I'd imagine announcing I was diagnosed with COVID 19...

Mikkey MY favorite three things about President Joe Biden

1. He reminds me of President George W. Bush when he talks.
                      2. He gave me a check for being a citizen and an advance on my child tax credit(s) for the next year.
                      3. He pulled the troops out of Afghanistan after a 10 year occupancy AFTER we killed the guy we said we were going after. 

Oh and he is going to create a whole bunch of new jobs for people coming off 18 months of unemployment...

EDIT: Number 4 mikkey....he is "linking" his 3.5 trillion dollar spending plan to wildfires just like a Republican President would do. Somehow increasing Medicare coverage to include dental and vision insurance is linked to a 950,000+ acre wildfire, and he didn't find it important enough to mention when he was talking about a hurricane hitting the East Coast. Gotta go support your West Coast Democrat buddy. I mean...he IS the nephew of Nancy Pelosi and she's kind of important to his spending plan.... "due to there being a wildfire so big it's national news we need to increase spending on roads." How about you set aside about $1 trillion dollars to clean up all the fuel causing all these wildfires to burn out of control? I could care less if some toothless hillbilly on medicare has a dental plan.

https://www.ktvn.com/story/44720808/president-biden-to-survey-wildfire-damage-make-case-for-spending-plan

President Joe Biden will promote his administration’s use of the Defense Production Act to aid in wildfire preparedness during a western swing in which he’ll survey wildfire damage in Idaho and California.

Biden is aiming to drum up support for his massive $3.5 trillion spending plan by linking it to wildfires and social programs while visiting those two states and Colorado.

Biden's trek on Monday and Tuesday also coincides with the recall election of California Gov. Gavin Newsom.

The president is set to appear with Newsom on the eve of Tuesday's vote.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 51

5k19:35 | Marathon 2:59:10

dhuffman63

Trails

Isn't it Congress who write the bills?  President only signs what they approve?  I know I really like the School House Rocks...I'm only a bill back when I was a kid. The below from the house.gov seems to support that.

"All Legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives."
                        (Article I, Section 1, of the United States Constitution)
                        How Are Laws Made?
                        Laws begin as ideas. First, a representative sponsors a bill. The bill is then assigned to a committee for study. If released by the committee, the bill is put on a calendar to be voted on, debated or amended. If the bill passes by simple majority (218 of 435), the bill moves to the Senate. In the Senate, the bill is assigned to another committee and, if released, debated and voted on. Again, a simple majority (51 of 100) passes the bill. Finally, a conference committee made of House and Senate members works out any differences between the House and Senate versions of the bill. The resulting bill returns to the House and Senate for final approval. The Government Printing Office prints the revised bill in a process called enrolling. The President has 10 days to sign or veto the enrolled bill.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Isn't it Congress who write the bills?  President only signs what they approve?  I know I really like the School House Rocks...I'm only a bill back when I was a kid. The below from the house.gov seems to support that.

"All Legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives."
                          (Article I, Section 1, of the United States Constitution)
                          How Are Laws Made?
                          Laws begin as ideas. First, a representative sponsors a bill. The bill is then assigned to a committee for study. If released by the committee, the bill is put on a calendar to be voted on, debated or amended. If the bill passes by simple majority (218 of 435), the bill moves to the Senate. In the Senate, the bill is assigned to another committee and, if released, debated and voted on. Again, a simple majority (51 of 100) passes the bill. Finally, a conference committee made of House and Senate members works out any differences between the House and Senate versions of the bill. The resulting bill returns to the House and Senate for final approval. The Government Printing Office prints the revised bill in a process called enrolling. The President has 10 days to sign or veto the enrolled bill.

Maybe President Biden needs you to tell him he is acting like the orange man.  The only thing President Joe Biden is missing are the racist tweets. I didn't write the article. I simply quoted it and provided a link for others to read it.

Still....Somehow I don't see how this is at all linked to a fire caused by lightening, or relevant to Gavin Newsome defeating the Republican Recall.

Here is another one about the $3.5 trillion bucks Biden is trying to get support for through visiting his coworker's Nephew. Hopefully they're wearing masks. Gavin has a history of having social gatherings violating his own mandates and not wearing masks then telling a lie about it until more and more proof comes out he is a liar...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-3-5-trillion-bill-110021850.html

The package, which was introduced by Democrats, covers everything from child and healthcare, to immigration and climate change, as part of Joe Biden’s so-called Build Back Better campaign proposal.

Medicare would be expanded to lower the qualifying age from 65 to 60, and to include dental, vision, and hearing benefits.

I guess #5 is "I Iike how the rules are made up and the score doesn't matter for President Joe Biden just like they were under Donald Trump. Fair playing field."

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 51

5k19:35 | Marathon 2:59:10

I'm glad I've lived long enough to get to a point in live where me NOT wanting something causes a problem for others

You may have just noticed it but this has always been true. It's an essential feature of living in a society; your actions or inactions affect other people.

Runners run.

dhuffman63

Trails

Just a question...do you all believe healthcare and nursing home workers should be vaccinated?

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Just a question...do you all believe healthcare and nursing home workers should be vaccinated?

As someone whose father lives in a long-term care facility, yes.

It's going to be mandated in Maine, starting at the end of next month.