Covid 19 (Read 473 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Just a question...do you all believe healthcare and nursing home workers should be vaccinated?

Yes. In much the same way that people in food service should wash their hands before touching food.

'21 Goals:

No published goals...not going to jinx things • $500

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Running Problem

Problem Child

You may have just noticed it but this has always been true. It's an essential feature of living in a society; your actions or inactions affect other people.

Thankfully your actions of being vaccinated benefit me while my actions of not being vaccinated creates a control group so 20 years from now we can see if the COVID 19 vaccine had any sore of long term effects. Much like using asbestos as insulation, or putting MTBE into fuel to increase octane numbers.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 51

5k19:35 | Marathon 2:59:10

Running Problem

Problem Child

Yes. In much the same way that people in food service should wash their hands before touching food.

Yeah because wearing gloves doesn't work anymore.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 51

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So you're in favor of cooks and waitstaff dropping a deuce and immediately donning gloves, rather than simply washing their hands...?

'21 Goals:

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

What, you're saying people preparing food shouldn't wash their hands?  That seems rather troll like.

So you're in favor of cooks and waitstaff dropping a deuce and immediately donning gloves, rather than simply washing their hands...?

Speaking of ... I have a story that ties together food service, hand washing, and running (since this is ostensibly still a running forum.)

There's this hot dog truck that parks by a lake that I run around all the time. It's called Fred's Franks. I've never had a Fred's Frank and after what I'm going to tell you next, I never will.

One time when was running a lake loop nature called and I had to duck into the woods to pee, not far from Fred's Franks. As I was making my way into the brush to not be visible from the street, along comes Fred clomping out of the woods with a roll of toilet paper in one hand. Now Fred might (hopefully?) have soap and water in his hot dog truck but I dunno and I kinda don't care. I was probably never going to eat a Fred's Frank anyway, but that sealed it.

Runners run.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Speaking of ... I have a story that ties together food service, hand washing, and running (since this is ostensibly still a running forum.)

There's this hot dog truck that parks by a lake that I run around all the time. It's called Fred's Franks. I've never had a Fred's Frank and after what I'm going to tell you next, I never will.

One time when was running a lake loop nature called and I had to duck into the woods to pee, not far from Fred's Franks. As I was making my way into the brush to not be visible from the street, along comes Fred clomping out of the woods with a roll of toilet paper in one hand. Now Fred might (hopefully?) have soap and water in his hot dog truck but I dunno and I kinda don't care. I was probably never going to eat a Fred's Frank anyway, but that sealed it.

Ish. Though there are so many nauseating things that go on behind the scenes at restaurants, in general...that I have to kind of press pause on that portion of my brain in order to eat out, regardless of cuisine. I avoid most post-race food, as well...given the hundreds/thousands of runners who have finished a race -- including at least one port-a-john stop sans hand-washing -- then proceeded to handle bagels, cookies, bananas, etc. Especially given the # of portable loos that inevitably are lacking in hand sanitizer.

'21 Goals:

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Goodnight Monkey

Except this vaccine technology has been in use since about 2003, so we already have that longitudinal data. Thanks for your useless, albeit generous offer, however.

Thankfully your actions of being vaccinated benefit me while my actions of not being vaccinated creates a control group so 20 years from now we can see if the COVID 19 vaccine had any sore of long term effects. Much like using asbestos as insulation, or putting MTBE into fuel to increase octane numbers.

Trent

Goodnight Monkey

Question for you mm: knowing what probably goes in hot dogs, why would you ever eat one to begin with?

but that sealed it.

I wonder how many hot dog eaters refuse the COVID vaccine because they "don't know what is in it"?

And as far as the long-term effects of vaccines, well, at least we know now that every hot dog you eat takes 36 minutes from your life.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Except this vaccine technology has been in use since about 2003, so we already have that longitudinal data. Thanks for your useless, albeit generous offer, however.

Just trying to help out. I didn't know the COVID 19 vaccine had been around since 2003. Thanks for the informationTrent.

VDOT 51

Running Problem

Problem Child

What, you're saying people preparing food shouldn't wash their hands?  That seems rather troll like.

no I'm not saying this. You're putting these words out there as something I said. This is more annoying than anything. You can't read what I said without adding your own personal spin. I supported what zoom zoom said with "yeah because wearing gloves doesn't work anymore" and you are so negative towards me you can't even read my support as positive. I'm not surprised.

VDOT 51

adkkev

Just trying to help out. I didn't know the COVID 19 vaccine had been around since 2003. Thanks for the informationTrent.

That’s not what Trent said and you know it.  Apparently your reading comprehension needs some work.  

Trent

Goodnight Monkey

Yep, and you are most welcome. The vaccine technology was developed for SARS-CoV-1 and was injected into subjects at that time. Thee technology has not changed, and is the basis for the COVID vaccine. The minor molecular difference to cover the difference between the two coronaviruses is not substantial, and is less than the difference between influenza vaccines from year to year.

I even believe spaniel discussed this upthread.

Question for you mm: knowing what probably goes in hot dogs, why would you ever eat one to begin with?

First of all, 'prec!

Second of all, as I said, I was probably never going to eat a Fred's Frank anyhoo.

Runners run.

Running Problem

Problem Child

In favor? no. I said wearing gloves doesn't work anymore. I have absolutely no way to prove cooks and waitstaff wash their hands before preparing food I eat. I said BECAUSE WEARING GLOVES DOESN'T WORK. I thought you could comprehend this however you're just as negative as Teresadfp and can't look beyond the surface. Probably because it's confusing or something.

With absolutely NO understanding what "washing hands" means I'll go with how a 3 year old washes hands and say "yes I'd rather them drop a deuce and immediately wear gloves rather than simply washing their hands" if the only two options you're giving me are washing hands like a 3 year old, and wearing gloves after defecting. hopefully they wiped with something other than their left hand.

VDOT 51