Covid 19 (Read 473 times)

Trent

Goodnight Monkey

I'm asking about hot dogs in general terms, not Fred's in the specific.

I was probably never going to eat a Fred's Frank anyhoo.

Running Problem

Problem Child

That’s not what Trent said and you know it.  Apparently your reading comprehension needs some work.  

Oh really? Hmm...I guess I misunderstood him saying the technology has been aroudn since 2003 in response to my post about COVID 19 vaccines. Apparently to be in this thread I have to grab some information from somewhere else, or just take the conversation in my own direction.

hey look at his response. He is pointing out how the COVID 19 vaccine technology....ah nevermind you won't.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 51

5k19:35 | Marathon 2:59:10

I'm asking about hot dogs in general terms, not Fred's in the specific.

Well, you know, there are occasional moments of weakness when I'm like "36 minutes less of this life? sign me up!"

Runners run.

Trent

Goodnight Monkey

I genuinely laughed. Thanks RP.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Yep, and you are most welcome. The vaccine technology was developed for SARS-CoV-1 and was injected into subjects at that time. Thee technology has not changed, and is the basis for the COVID vaccine. The minor molecular difference to cover the difference between the two coronaviruses is not substantial, and is less than the difference between influenza vaccines from year to year.

I even believe spaniel discussed this upthread.

I guess I missed out on my SARS CoV1 shot. Must have been mixed in with some other vaccine the FDA approved and I received between Obama and Biden. Didn't we just stop testing for SARS at some point like 18 months in and positivity rates declined dramatically? I'm not really up on SARS history. MSNBA and CNN haven't reminded me much about how things were back then. Did we even get government money to spend or close schools?

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 51

Trent

Goodnight Monkey

My guess is you did not get a shot to immunize you against SARS1 because there was never a large need to vaccinate the population. A major difference between SARS1 and COVID is their transmissibility. SARS1 is less likely to spread and much easier to contain. Unlike COVID, we were able to contain SARS1 through small focused lockdowns and isolation/quarantine so we never got to the stage where we needed to vaccinate.

Trent

Goodnight Monkey

fair fair

moments of weakness when I'm like "36 minutes less of this life? sign me up!"

Andres1045

And as far as the long-term effects of vaccines, well, at least we know now that every hot dog you eat takes 36 minutes from your life.

Every time I think about eating a hotdog, I think back to the FAQ printout we got from my wife's doctor when she was pregnant with our first child. One question was "Is it safe to eat hot dogs while pregnant?" The answer was something like "We don't believe it's ever safe to eat a hot dog. Being pregnant, however, does not make eating hot dogs any more dangerous than if you were not pregnant."

Upcoming races: Boston

Running Problem

Problem Child

My guess is you did not get a shot to immunize you against SARS1 because there was never a large need to vaccinate the population. A major difference between SARS1 and COVID is their transmissibility. SARS1 is less likely to spread and much easier to contain. Unlike COVID, we were able to contain SARS1 through small focused lockdowns and isolation/quarantine so we never got to the stage where we needed to vaccinate.

Good thing with the COVID 19 vaccine the transmission doesn't change based on vaccination status. I always thought the point of being vaccinated was so you don't die from it, but apparently spreading it is the point. I was totally find with businesses shut down, people locked indoors, and events canceled until COVID 19 went away but stupid me couldn't understand how my life choices affect society. Yes I'm being a smartass about this, and no I don't see how vaccination is important when masks and lockdowns worked previously to stop the spread. This is the longest two weeks of my life.

VDOT 51

Running Problem

Problem Child

Every time I think about eating a hotdog, I think back to the FAQ printout we got from my wife's doctor when she was pregnant with our first child. One question was "Is it safe to eat hot dogs while pregnant?" The answer was something like "We don't believe it's ever safe to eat a hot dog. Being pregnant, however, does not make eating hot dogs any more dangerous than if you were not pregnant."

I don't see the problem with eating a sandwich. Just because you change the name it's still a sandwich.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/voraciously/wp/2018/12/12/a-hot-dog-is-a-taco-a-steak-is-a-salad-a-pop-tart-is-a-calzone-let-the-cube-rule-explain/

VDOT 51

Teresadfp

One day at a time

That’s not what Trent said and you know it.  Apparently your reading comprehension needs some work.  

Yeah, pretty funny after what he posted about me putting words in his mouth, ha!  

Teresadfp

One day at a time

OMG. My uncle and aunt have been staying with my dad on the weekends at his long term care facility in Austin. We didn’t think to ask if they’d been vaccinated. They haven’t.And now my aunt is ill with COVID, surprise, surprise. They haven’t been with Dad for a couple of weeks at least. My sister called my uncle, who said it’s been pretty rough for my aunt. Sis told him we hoped he would get vaccinated so he could continue to stay with his brother. Uncle chuckled and said he wouldn’t be doing that because of what he’s heard about the vaccines. I feel like I’m in the twilight zone or something. My aunt is staying at their granddaughter’s house. That young lady is pregnant. And oh yeah, my uncle has prostrate cancer.  And they didn't care enough about my dad, who still has severe lung issues, to stay away from him since they also don't wear masks?

Uncle told Sis he will come get their stuff from Dad’s. Sis asked the caregiver to put it outside the exterior door.

I just can’t, anymore. It will be really hard for me to socialize with my aunt, uncle, and other relatives who are so unbelievably foolish.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

no I'm not saying this. You're putting these words out there as something I said. This is more annoying than anything. You can't read what I said without adding your own personal spin. I supported what zoom zoom said with "yeah because wearing gloves doesn't work anymore" and you are so negative towards me you can't even read my support as positive. I'm not surprised.

Yep, confirms my suspicion...

Running Problem

Problem Child

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2021/09/13/henry-ford-health-temporarily-closes-120-beds-staffing-challenges/8316461002/

Don't get sick in Detroit....the don't have enough beds and on October 1 the unvaccinated employees will "voluntarily resign" due to being unvaccinated. This (firing people and taking away their source of income) should REALLY help the unvaccinated want to get vaccinated as well as the staffing challenges and "hospitals are overwhelmed" situations. Two weeks later is the Detroit Free Press Marathon. Proof of vaccination, mask, or negative test not required. Perfect opportunity for that Boston Qualifier.

https://www.freepmarathon.com/2021-event-faqs/

Q: Will I need a mask or show proof of vaccination to run? 

A: Based on the recent guidance from the CDC, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services as well as the City of Detroit, we will not require proof of vaccination, negative Covid-19 test, or wearing a mask.  We will continue to work with our medical partner, Henry Ford Health System, to evaluate any changes to our current protocols.   

VDOT 51

Trent

Goodnight Monkey

This remains unclear.

Good thing with the COVID 19 vaccine the transmission doesn't change based on vaccination status.