Covid 19 (Read 469 times)

I have wondered about this. It is probably too cynical to say that right wing politicians didn't care about deaths if the deaths were largely among people in the cities (as was the case in early 2020). But then again, I think they are starting to notice that their constituents are dying at a higher rate now. It's a self inflicted wound if you tell your voters that there is nothing to fear and they should be encouraged to be on the side of Covid transmission.

It's an interesting gamble these vaccinated politicians are taking, especially when recent polling indicates only about 18% unwilling to be vaxed. Somewhere there's a data analyst crunching the numbers on how many won't make it till the next election and which districts are now in play. That said, if Biden were to come out against the vaccine the rest of the country would get theirs by the holidays.

What is the misleading part? 

The chyron. Like I said in the post you quoted.

Runners run.

Elite Jogger

I’ve just had a listen to some Nicki Minaj and predict a rap collaboration with Boris.

He dismissed her in the briefing, but I think he secretly admires her and could end up having his 9th child with her. ❤️

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Relative to transmission changing based upon vaccination status... I think we will see some interesting numbers come in this Fall from colleges that are fully vaccinated and still doing weekly surveillance. My son's college is 99.5% vaccinated and testing all students, faculty, and staff weekly. Their rolling 14 day positivity rate is 1/8th the rate of Massachusetts. (It's probably much lower since weekly testing is universal and catching mostly asymptomatic cases.) Their rolling breakthrough positivity rate is almost 1/2 that of our state. (Again, probably lower due to universal testing catching mostly asymptomatic cases.) Soon, I think we'll see some good numbers with statistical significance that show that covid simply struggles to survive in environments where vaccination is extremely high.

UVM tested all students on arrival and is only testing 1/4 of the population weekly but current total positivity rate is 0.5% (83 positive, mostly asymptomatic, out of 15,934 tests) which is several times lower than the state of Vermont.

There's a growing body of evidence that the vaccine not only reduces illness and death but also transmission, and these colleges and universities with near 100% vax rates are definitely providing some interesting data.

Runners run.

Elite Jogger

Another random snapshot is that 99.51% of covid deaths in England this year were not fully vaccinated.

I just noticed this and would be interested to see the data. We were in the middle of a second wave in the early part of this year when NOBODY had the chance to get double vaccinated. My parents (93/86yo) didn’t get double vaccinated until the end of March and they were first in the queue. Try to keep it as real as possible. 👍

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Andres1045

Well this is the official government website.  Do we believe government statistics as I’m guessing you would know more than me Smile

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk

Yes, I tend to believe government statistics (from a lot of governments, including the UK), so yeah, snapshot or not, I find that troubling, even if they're just tracking the 16+ age group.

With something like 80%+ of hospitalizations and 95%+ of deaths coming from unvaccinated, it still is clear to me that vaccines are important and necessary. But I was hopeful the vaccines would be able to end the waves of infections we're dealing with every few months.

Upcoming races: Boston

Running Problem

Problem Child

Where do you see the word "friend" on that graphic?

Oh I'm sorry did you only look at the pictures? I thought putting things in bold would be easy to identify them. Perhaps you're one of those Trumptards who needs big pictures because words are hard to understand.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 51

5k19:35 | Marathon 2:59:10

Running Problem

Problem Child

This question can, and should, be asked in both directions.

Unfortunately it isn't. Your right to freedom ends at my right to life and in order for me to live my life you need to be forced to own a gun/be sterilized get vaccinated for my safety.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 51

Oh I'm sorry did you only look at the pictures? I thought putting things in bold would be easy to identify them. Perhaps you're one of those Trumptards who needs big pictures because words are hard to understand.

The original post said "Now the chyron is a bit misleading..." and you took issue with that asking "What is the misleading part?". I was pointing out that there was in fact, an error. To which you responded by being an ass.

Prince of Fatness

Unfortunately it isn't. Your right to freedom ends at my right to life and in order for me to live my life you need to be forced to own a gun/be sterilized get vaccinated for my safety.

Nice deflection.

Not at it at all. 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Or it could be he criticized the misleading banner on the picture. Unfortunately all too many people don't go past the picture/headlines/banner so would never reach the deep level of understanding you've achieved.

2021 Races:

10/07/21 - One Day at the Fair 12-Hour (Thursday)

11/20/21 - Crooked Road 24

Running Problem

Problem Child

It's an interesting gamble these vaccinated politicians are taking, especially when recent polling indicates only about 18% unwilling to be vaxed. Somewhere there's a data analyst crunching the numbers on how many won't make it till the next election and which districts are now in play. That said, if Biden were to come out against the vaccine the rest of the country would get theirs by the holidays.

I honestly believe if President Joe Biden came out against the vaccine, or even backed off his mandates the individuals AGAINST receiving the vaccine would use it as "proof" the vaccine/covid19 was all political and use it as another "flop" like Afghanistan, saying poor kids are just as bright as white kids, claiming global warming is the reason massive wild fires burned over 1,000,000 acres in California, refering to the Declaration of Independence as "you know, the thing", and actually mandating the vaccine after saying he wouldn't mandate it. Biden is WAY too deep into COVID 19 to just come out and say "know what? screw it. Don't get vaccinated. Take the masks off if you want because I'm done with this. We have the vaccine so y'all can just die without it. Time to move on from this COVID 19 thing and Build Back Better." I'd honestly laugh if he said any of this and fully expect Governors and Mayors to take credit for "opening up" their states. It would probably be a culture shock to people working from home to be told "show up to the office like it was 2019 starting on Monday."

VDOT 51

Running Problem

Problem Child

Or it could be he criticized the misleading banner on the picture. Unfortunately all too many people don't go past the picture/headlines/banner so would never reach the deep level of understanding you've achieved.

imagine that. Perhaps people should research things instead of expecting pictures to explain it all. After all, a picture IS worth 1,000 words. Thankfully this one picture was missing one really important word no one would know unless you listened to the news, or researched it. Back in my day we questioned the news. Today people just fact check memes if they don't believe what is in the picture.

VDOT 51

Running Problem

Problem Child

The original post said "Now the chyron is a bit misleading..." and you took issue with that asking "What is the misleading part?". I was pointing out that there was in fact, an error. To which you responded by being an ass.

Perhaps you took my apology of looking at the picture wrong. If you weren't such a negative person towards me you might actually be able to see how I'm trying to help you. I'm accustomed to people being negative towards me and blaming me for the negativity. I am never amazed at how many negative people I encounter who never view themselves as negative. Shockingly their attitudes, words, and actions prove otherwise unless you ask them at which point they are the nicest and most helpful person in the area.

VDOT 51

dhuffman63

Trails

LOL RP...I'm waiting on the lawsuits.  You know...I'm vaxxed and you xx unvaxxed person made me sick and/or killed off a family member.