Covid 19 (Read 346 times)

darkwave

Mother of Cats

It’s the work from home folk who have been least affected by the pandemic...no financial hit and probably the most judgemental about other people’s behaviour.

Yup (I say this as a work from home person, though I've tried very hard not to be judgmental).

As a friend of mine noted this past summer - we are not all in this together, and we are not all experiencing it the same way.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I am judgmental about work-from-home people who CAN isolate and don't.  Because they are putting people at risk who DON'T have the ability to keep themselves safe.

dhuffman63

Trails

I am judgmental about work-from-home people who CAN isolate and don't.  Because they are putting people at risk who DON'T have the ability to keep themselves safe.

This.  And if you are out there gallivanting around without a mask and not social distancing and putting people at risk then you deserve judgement.  I hope when their time comes God has mercy on their souls if they were responsible for any of the over 500,000 deaths.

I have kidney disease and thyroid disease so yes I currently work from home, wear a mask on the rare occasions I go out for doctor visits and social distance.  I got my 2nd shot on Mar 12th and will continue to wear a mask and social distance as long as people keep dying and others refuse to get vaccinated.

As a friend of mine noted this past summer - we are not all in this together, and we are not all experiencing it the same way.

We are not all in the same boat.

We are in the same storm, but not the same boat. Some have yachts, some have 30-ft power boats, some have row boats and some are hanging on to drift wood.

I feel for those who are at risk of drowning. I really do.

Elite Jogger

Yup (I say this as a work from home person, though I've tried very hard not to be judgmental).

You are one of the most diplomatic posters on this forum and never been judgemental. 👍

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Half Crazy K 2.0

It’s the work from home folk who have been least affected by the pandemic...no financial hit and probably the most judgemental about other people’s behaviour.

I found the worst group are those telling everyone to stay home, putting it all over social media and then not doing them same.

Early on, there was also a lot of drama on FB about the stay at home orders in MD. A guy posted on the neighborhood page asking about running routes when the HS track closed. I told him about my super secret make shift track. Lot of "stay at home means stay at home responses". Guy then repsonds he hates running, but is required to pass a test for work. The county councliman also responded that outside solo activities were fine. One of the stay at home folks has posted about feeling like he needs to carry to go to his mailbox at the end of the court, so, yea.

Elite Jogger

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Elite Jogger

I found the worst group are those telling everyone to stay home, putting it all over social media and then not doing them same.

And worse if they’re high profile with a big social media following....in the UK that includes politicians, political advisors, journalists, musicians, footballers etc preaching the stay at home message to save lives.....and then they’re exposed as hypocrites doing the exact opposite. 

dhuffman63

Trails

Oh and then they "apologize" saying they didn't mean to.  How can you not "mean to" take your self out without a mask and no social distancing?  How is that even possible?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Oh and then they "apologize" saying they didn't mean to.  How can you not "mean to" take your self out without a mask and no social distancing?  How is that even possible?

I figrue the apology is more "Sorry I got caught".

Seeing Italy and otehr parts of Europe going back to lockdown worries me since the US has been 4-6 weeks behind.

AndyTN

Tennessee has opened up vaccines to anyone with comorbidities. The actual medical conditions obviously need to get priority but this also includes people who are "overweight". While I know there are some people who struggle with losing weight, I can't help but feel like they are getting an advantage by not taking care of themselves with something completely within their control. The definition of overweight for the vaccine is BMI of 30 or greater. Hell, I am 5'10" 185 lbs and in the best shape of my life but my BMI is still 26.5. It wouldn't take much for someone to get to that 30 threshold to get a shot before me.

Memphis / 35 male

5k - 21:01 (SEP 19) / 10k - 46:30 (SEP 19) / Half - 1:40:17 (NOV 19) / Full - maybe someday

Races - MRTC Road Runner Series July-Nov (5k to 13.1)

onemile

Tennessee has opened up vaccines to anyone with comorbidities. The actual medical conditions obviously need to get priority but this also includes people who are "overweight". While I know there are some people who struggle with losing weight, I can't help but feel like they are getting an advantage by not taking care of themselves with something completely within their control. The definition of overweight for the vaccine is BMI of 30 or greater. Hell, I am 5'10" 185 lbs and in the best shape of my life but my BMI is still 26.5. It wouldn't take much for someone to get to that 30 threshold to get a shot before me.

In Wisconsin they are allowing anyone with a BMI 25 or higher to get vaccinated starting on Monday

Teresadfp

One day at a time

In Wisconsin they are allowing anyone with a BMI 25 or higher to get vaccinated starting on Monday

Isn't that almost all of the population?  Yikes.  So that means someone with schizophrenia, who has chances 2.7 higher than others of getting serious complications from COVID, but is thin, has to get in line behind all the overweight people (I'm overweight, so I'm not judging - I just don't think I should go before my friend's son, who has schizophrenia and heart issues).

onemile

Isn't that almost all of the population?  Yikes.  So that means someone with schizophrenia, who has chances 2.7 higher than others of getting serious complications from COVID, but is thin, has to get in line behind all the overweight people (I'm overweight, so I'm not judging - I just don't think I should go before my friend's son, who has schizophrenia and heart issues).

it includes other "medical conditions" in addition to being overweight.  this is the entire list:

• Asthma (moderate-to-severe)
                              • Cancer
                              • Cerebrovascular disease (affects blood vessels and blood supply to the brain)
                              • Chronic kidney disease
                              • COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
                              • Cystic fibrosis
                              • Down syndrome
                              • Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies
                              • Hypertension or high blood pressure
                              • Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant, blood or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV, use of corticosteroids or use of other immune weakening medicines
                              • Liver disease
                              • Neurologic conditions, such as dementia
                              • Obesity (body mass index of 30-39 kg/m2)
                              • Overweight (BMI of 25-29 kg/m2)
                              • Pregnancy
                              • Pulmonary fibrosis (having damaged or scarred lung tissues)
                              • Severe Obesity (BMI 40 kg/m2 or more)
                              • Sickle cell disease
                              • Type 1 or 2 diabetes mellitus
                              • Thalassemia (a type of blood disorder)
                              Half Crazy K 2.0

It's going to depend on the state. The CDC has a list of underlying conditions, so if the state uses that list, the individual would qualify based on the heart condition.

The CDC list has BMI over 30.