Covid 19 (Read 346 times)

Isn't that almost all of the population?  

Yes, BMI>25 is probably 75% of the adult population in Wisconsin. They should have stopped at BMI 30+ IMO.

But that just means you become eligible. There will be a flood of people trying to schedule their appointments. Everyone in Wisconsin is expected to be eligible May 1.

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Yes, BMI>25 is probably 75% of the adult population in Wisconsin. They should have stopped at BMI 30+ IMO.

But that just means you become eligible. There will be a flood of people trying to schedule their appointments. Everyone in Wisconsin is expected to be eligible May 1.

Humorously, Virginia had a typo in one of its announcements where it classified everyone with a BMI of 20+ as overweight and eligible....  That was walked back pretty quickly.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

kcam

In California it's >=25.  I just was invited to schedule an appt for vaccine.  Goin Sat for the 1st shot, don't know which one I'm getting.   I'm 59 but had a heart attack a year and a half ago.  Must be why they offered it.  My wife? No.  Sucks to be healthy these days.  🙂

Update:  I got the Johnson and Johnson vaccine.  I'm as fine with that as any of the three options.  Just like my Texas team usually does in NCAA tourny .... One and Done!!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

In California it's >=25.  I just was invited to schedule an appt for vaccine.  Goin Sat for the 1st shot, don't know which one I'm getting.   I'm 59 but had a heart attack a year and a half ago.  Must be why they offered it.  My wife? No.  Sucks to be healthy these days.  🙂

I'm 48 and missing a lung lobe + asthmatic. In MI I still don't technically qualify and kept getting pushed down the line. Now high-risk and/or disabled people are being lumped-in with the general public. Fortunately, we found out about a clinic in a rural county an hour away that was taking anyone >18, so last Sat. I got my first Moderna shot...along with my high-risk 49 year old DH (<1 year too young to qualify for the 50+ grouping) and our essential worker 20 year old (remember when everyone considered them saints for putting themselves at risk to deal with TP-hoarding anti-maskers for low pay?).

'21 Goals:

No published goals...not going to jinx things • $500

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Maine just accelerated its schedule.  I will be eligible on Tuesday, March 23, instead of April 1 as previously announced.  All people over the age of 16 will be eligible as of April 19. There is one portal I've been checking often that always seems to have appointments available, so I will be on there at midnight on the 23rd.

Maine just accelerated its schedule.  I will be eligible on Tuesday, March 23, instead of April 1 as previously announced.  All people over the age of 16 will be eligible as of April 19. There is one portal I've been checking often that always seems to have appointments available, so I will be on there at midnight on the 23rd.

Good luck.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Update:  I got the Johnson and Johnson vaccine.  I'm as fine with that as any of the three options.  Just like my Texas team usually does in NCAA tourny .... One and Done!!

Ugh, I hadn't heard the UT news.  Abilene Christian beat them?!?!  Good grief.  I won't be calling my dad anytime soon.  He was head of the UT Men's Athletic Council for years.  He must be ripped.

kcam

Teresa, when I posted that the game hadn't even started!  LOL.  It's just Texas is usually one and done and this year was no exception.  They got beat by a 14 seed as a 3 seed.   Your Dad probably had a poor night's sleep last night. 

Ugh, I hadn't heard the UT news.  Abilene Christian beat them?!?!  Good grief.  I won't be calling my dad anytime soon.  He was head of the UT Men's Athletic Council for years.  He must be ripped.

I happened to go to the UT / ACU game on Saturday night!  Crazy game.  My son is an ACU graduate and asked if I wanted to tag along for a 5 hour drive there and back to watch ACU get beat by UT.  I said yes.

I lost my voice yelling "DEFENSE - DEFENSE" and it may or may not have contributed to ACU winning.  
                    On paper, they didn't deserve to win, but it was an intense game, and they played well enough to make that super small school beat that giant school.

UT didn't look to be properly prepared for that game.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I happened to go to the UT / ACU game on Saturday night!  Crazy game.  My son is an ACU graduate and asked if I wanted to tag along for a 5 hour drive there and back to watch ACU get beat by UT.  I said yes.

I lost my voice yelling "DEFENSE - DEFENSE" and it may or may not have contributed to ACU winning.  
                      On paper, they didn't deserve to win, but it was an intense game, and they played well enough to make that super small school beat that giant school.

UT didn't look to be properly prepared for that game.

Thanks for the report.  I didn't want to ask Dad about it.

In COVID news, I went onto the vaccination portal at 2:00:00 today, when new appointments were posted.  I am signed up for March 26 and April 16.  April 30 is Freedom Day!

I checked a few minutes later, and there were over 1,300 people waiting line to enter the portal.  All those years of signing up for the Beach to Beacon 10k, when 6,000 slots would fill up in under four minutes, came in handy.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Anyone pay attention to the positive cases in basketball? Locally sports ball had to make a big decision. They allowed all the football games to go on with 250+ people in attendance and since football is so safe they had players test positive on multiple teams yet the games went on because we have to have a football game. Hopefully those parents didn't spread it.

Anyone else see the CDC reduced the spacing distance from 6 feet to 3 feet for kids in schools? Next thing we know it's going to be safe to be 3 feet from someone at work while wearing a mask.

Oh yeah, I found out there is no requirement to PROVE you're one of those front line workers. If I check a box saying I'm a teacher I can get vaccinated before my ACTUAL spot. No requirement to show any kind of teaching credential. Just check a box and say I'm essential and BAM in comes the shot.

EDIT: Amazingly no cases were tied to Spring Break.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

All those years of signing up for the Beach to Beacon 10k, when 6,000 slots would fill up in under four minutes, came in handy.

Running teaches life skills!

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Running teaches life skills!

Yes, for sure!

Got my first shot this morning.  So many volunteers were involved in making the clinic run smoothly.  I have some time on my hands, so I'm going to volunteer.

Running Problem

Problem Child

France's Macron under pressure to lock down as Covid-19 hospitalizations soar (msn.com)

I wonder if they've restricted travel outside of France to protect the rest of the world? The mental health of being locked down three times in 12 months is less important than COVID 19 spreading outside of France. 7pm curfew is pretty rough.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

Elite Jogger

France's Macron under pressure to lock down as Covid-19 hospitalizations soar (msn.com)

I wonder if they've restricted travel outside of France to protect the rest of the world? The mental health of being locked down three times in 12 months is less important than COVID 19 spreading outside of France. 7pm curfew is pretty rough.

Macron is a disgrace who has literally cost lives because of his dithering and political games regarding the AstraZeneca vaccine. Unfortunately the damage is done as a lot of the French people will be reluctant to have any vaccine now.

Meanwhile the Brits are extremely grateful to AstraZeneca with over half the population already receiving their first jab and a 99% turn out rate for the second jab. Infections and death rates plunging and we’re on target to have all restrictions lifted by June.  The only concern as you say is travel restrictions.

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)