Customized Graph of Avg HR Across Multiple Run Workouts In a Day (Read 432 times)

I ran into an interesting phenomenon recently. I had done two separate running workouts in one day and logged each run accordingly. My average heart rate for each run was approximately 145. However, when I created a custom graph that showed my average heart rate for all of my running workouts, the two in a day showed up as an average heart rate of 290. I am assuming that the application just adds the two together and graphs them. It kind of looked funny since all of my other workouts for a year or so showed an average heart rate of between 127 and 150. Besides, I am sure that if I ever really reached an average heart rate of anything near 290 (or even 200 for that matter) I probably wouldn't have lived long enough to discuss it. :-) I don't know if it makes a difference, but I use the auto-lap feature on my Polar and it automagically registers each lap as a mile. So, I logged each lap as a one-mile interval in RA. As a workaround to the problem, I just combined the two workouts into a single workout and the average heart rate correctly reflects 145. However, I am sure there must be a fix for this so that runners can keep track of individual workouts.

I intend to live forever . . . or die trying.