Anybody ever run a marathon/other race naked? (Read 171 times)

justaquestion

If you have, how was the experience?

an amazing likeness

People have.

For reasons unimaginable.

It was a flop.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Seattle prattle

Oh, come on!

Where would they pin their bib? Hmmm?

And don't say on their SPIblet because then they would hardly be naked, would they?

I ran a half last year and passed a guy who only had a patients gown on as if he had just escaped from the emergency room. He was barefoot and his gown was open on the back. He got a lot of attention from the crowd & TV coverage Smile

HM: 1:47 (9/20) I FM: 3:53:11 (9/23)

2024 Goals: run a FM & HM + stay healthy!

Half Crazy K 2.0

A few years ago someone posted about a whole nude racing series (NSFW). Once you click on that link, you can't unsee it.

PDoe

Was it a flop? Or a flop, flop, fop, flop?

Ran a 5k at a nudist camp in Depew OK, Oakdale Trails Naturalist Park some years ago.   Shorts were optional, but I didn't go not to do it right.  It was not chip timed and it was very laid back.  The one thing I was worried about turned out not to be a problem.  A few guys tried to hold junior in place, but most just let it all hang out. A few of the more endowed women wore sports bras but not bottoms.  It was a fun event, no issues and no leering.  I didn't linger after the run.
                Just went to their website and it doesn't appear they still have the race.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Yep, it's fun!  They used a marker to write each person's "bib number" on their hip.  Smile

bhearn

bhearn

kilkee

runktrun

Where would they pin their bib? Hmmm?

proud of my alma mater:

http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=5532148

you're welcome

Not running for my health, but in spite of it.