Elf On A Shelf = creepy (Read 1088 times)

NYCNorma

And they are starting to show up on my FB feed.  I may have to temporarily remove friends from my news feed until after the holidays.  *shudder* It's like clowns...or mimes.  Those things have eyes that follow a person around the room.  Eesh.

Wholeheartedly agree.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Are you an overachiever?

Ha, I read this last year when I was creeped-out by elves...she's in my head.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

yeah, we have an elf. Just got it. Our daughter was originally freeked out when we told her Santa was always watching her..just wait until she wakes up with the elf suspended from the ceiling just inches from her face.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

yeah, we have an elf. Just got it. Our daughter was originally freeked out when we told her Santa was always watching her..just wait until she wakes up with the elf suspended from the ceiling just inches from her face.

Ha, I was just shopping ThinkGeek and found your book!

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Pretty much any doll creeps me out, but our kids love the EOTS, so we're stuck with him for a few more years.

It was my mom who gave our family this "gift" -- I swear, I think she was getting some sort of revenge on me, because moving that little red bastard around every night for a month is a frickin' pain in the ass.  Several times, I've forgotten to move the elf, and come up with gems like, "No sweetie, he did move -- he was on the left side of the fireplace yesterday.  Now he's on the right."

MTA:

Looks like we've covered this ground before....

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Tilda Swinton is damned near as creepy as EOAS, too.  I mean, just look into her eyes...*shudder*

I mean, seriously.  Just look at this photo for a bit...the stuff of nightmares.

~ Sarah Kay

AutBatgirl

Ha, I was just shopping ThinkGeek and found your book!

Where was this book when my kids were little? I had to screw up my kids without any guidance at all!

No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Where was this book when my kids were little? I had to screw up my kids without any guidance at all!

It's a gift. You should be proud. Smile
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I know.  My son is almost 12 and I have thus far only been able to screw him up based upon complete guesswork.  I feel like I may have failed in my efforts to make him a fully warped individual. Sad

~ Sarah Kay

Hip Redux

This was in my FB feed this morning:

Never heard of "Elf on the Shelf" so I had to Google it--my kid's a teenager, so I guess we lucked out and missed this one! They do look creepy.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This was in my FB feed this morning:

Ha, I wonder how many people on FB I could piss off by posting that... Evil

~ Sarah Kay

Crazy Q

Net Neaderthal & Escapee

I had J. Edgar Hoover and a southern raised father how believed in physical trauma for kid control when I was little. No way would I subject a kid to a voyueristic elf. Not when a Van with free candy scrawled on it's side just down the block. 

Wot? Run? I thought they said Rum!

Village people

Ha, I wonder how many people on FB I could piss off by posting that... Evil

Hmm, that sounds like fun.