Elf On A Shelf = creepy (Read 1088 times)

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

My sister-in-law and her husband have one.  Their girls LOVE it.  But not in that way.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Ha, I was just shopping ThinkGeek and found your book!

just saw this. awesome. So far the elf has been behaving. It took a couple days for my 3 year old to get on board with looking for him. He seems to have gained her trust--it will only go down hill from here.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I think tonight the big night.  That creepy little bastard usually arrives Dec. 1.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think tonight the big night.  That creepy little bastard usually arrives Dec. 1.

Sucks to be you!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Crazy Q

Net Neaderthal & Escapee

The Elf on the Shelf is just a creey gay character who would have the snot beaten out of him in 99% of the school yards in the 1950s & 60's America.

For awesome you just can't do better than his cousin the Dwarf on the Wharf. Now that Fucker knows how to Party!

Wot? Run? I thought they said Rum!

aponi

never runs the tangents

I've never heard of this until some of DH's coworkers were talking about it. I saw one today, bought it, and snuck it in his car while he was at work. He's being all cagey about it and not saying anything so I'm sure it's in my car right now.

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

12-week layoff

And they are starting to show up on my FB feed.  I may have to temporarily remove friends from my news feed until after the holidays.  *shudder* It's like clowns...or mimes.  Those things have eyes that follow a person around the room.  Eesh.

Hey, I resemble that remark!

You saw my picture the other day...creepy bastard was drinking my last beer!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, I resemble that remark!

You saw my picture the other day...creepy bastard was drinking my last beer!

Yours was only one I've seen since Turkey day.  They are everywhere!!! Shocked

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

QuinntheEskimo

Not That Douchey

our Elf showed up yesterday on top of the tree...

we've had ours for several years- and yes the little SOB has crazy eyes- but it's pretty awesome when my 7 year old starts whispering his Christmas wish list to it. That and when he wakes up the first thing he does is goes looking for it- tonight i think i'll put it on his ceiling fan in his room. scare the fk out of him.

our Elf showed up yesterday on top of the tree...

we've had ours for several years- and yes the little SOB has crazy eyes- but it's pretty awesome when my 7 year old starts whispering his Christmas wish list to it. That and when he wakes up the first thing he does is goes looking for it- tonight i think i'll put it on his ceiling fan in his room. scare the fk out of him.

I have a seven year old and we've had "Cookie" the elf for a few years.

He is creepy, but she loves him, and it's so much fun to see her searching for him in the morning.  The first year we got him, she ran and grabbed her list to Santa, and just held it up to him to read...the rest of the day, she'd just randomly walk by him, holding up her list.  Kind of helps with the creepiness.

The worst is when I wake up, after a little too much wine, at 3 am and realize I forgot to move him.  And stumble my way through the dark house to find that little fcker and get him to a new spot before she wakes up.

Aponi, maybe he's in your car, or maybe he's somewhere else...

Our elf arrives this week.  From the sounds of it, maybe the first and last spot might be the trash can.  My wife ordered 'it', which is great...she can get up at 3 a.m. and move the lil' fucker....I had to Google to see what it looked like...although it looks sinister, it sort of looks like the dood from the Bob's Big Boy restaurants on Slim Fast.

You say he's sort of like Chuckie?  Hell maybe he can keep the kids in line then. 

runmomto3boys

Our elf arrives this week.  From the sounds of it, maybe the first and last spot might be the trash can.  My wife ordered 'it', which is great...she can get up at 3 a.m. and move the lil' fucker....I had to Google to see what it looked like...although it looks sinister, it sort of looks like the dood from the Bob's Big Boy restaurants on Slim Fast.

You say he's sort of like Chuckie?  Hell maybe he can keep the kids in line then. 

Ohhh, wait until you follow my antics on FB w/Weldon, our elf.  He comes in the kiddos' St. Nick stockings and makes mischief every night.  Take a look through December 2011's photo album from last year for inspiration.  We take this shit for serious in our house.  Note the ginormous self-portrait Weldon painted on our sliding glass doors or the time he dressed up as a superhero in a cape/mask and was flying across the kitchen or when he hung all the boys' undies on the tree....yeah.  Our elf is cuter then the Elf on the Shelf dude.  We use the Elf Magic elf.  WAY CUTER.

http://www.elf-magic.com/

ETA: some pics

he stuck post its all over the kitchen

the knights tied up Weldon

loser in a snowball fight w/Mr. Potatohead

self-portrait

he took all the food out of the cupboards and stacked it up on the table

he brought the kids a bag of snowman poop - aka marshmallows

he made marshmallow "snowmen"

Weldon as a superhero flying across the kitchen

he wrapped up our kitchen table like a prezzie.

he was sailing on a boat in the sink, which was filled w/water, along w/some pirates

Ohhh, wait until you follow my antics on FB w/Weldon, our elf.  He comes in the kiddos' St. Nick stockings and makes mischief every night.  Take a look through December 2011's photo album from last year for inspiration.  We take this shit for serious in our house.  Note the ginormous self-portrait Weldon painted on our sliding glass doors or the time he dressed up as a superhero in a cape/mask and was flying across the kitchen or when he hung all the boys' undies on the tree....yeah.  Our elf is cuter then the Elf on the Shelf dude.  We use the Elf Magic elf.  WAY CUTER.

http://www.elf-magic.com/

ETA: some pics

he stuck post its all over the kitchen

the knights tied up Weldon

loser in a snowball fight w/Mr. Potatohead

self-portrait

he took all the food out of the cupboards and stacked it up on the table

he brought the kids a bag of snowman poop - aka marshmallows

he made marshmallow "snowmen"

Weldon as a superhero flying across the kitchen

he wrapped up our kitchen table like a prezzie.

he was sailing on a boat in the sink, which was filled w/water, along w/some pirates

I will have to rely on you and your husband's creative talents because I think it will be a chore just to move the damn thing around every night.  I am thinking the first night, he will be flying on the end of rope, in sync with the speed of the ceiling fan in their room.  If 'Elfie' falls anywhere on the floor for longer than 2 minutes, he could possibly be shredded to death by the dog, so the little sucker had better be agile.

I have to admit I'm glad this wasn't a thing when my kids were little. I was doing well to remember Tooth Fairy duty. Wait....I didn't always remember.

#artbydmcbride

Runners run