Pyongyang Marathon--who's in? (Read 76 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Well, if I weren't running that little one on Monday I'd love to do this one. I expect Kim Jog Un will probably run sub-2.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I heard he ran 14 flat for a 5k down by the water. Just going for a run and listening to some tunes.

Yeah, he doesn't run a lot, but he's a super-fit, super-active dude.  Rock climbing, cross-planet skiing, up-mountain skating, stuff like that.

He's not sure he's good enough to enter a race, though.  Which is fair.  And easy pace slower than WR pace is kind of sad.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
        Emil Zatopek

I wonder if it's a certified race distance.

I wonder how many from Boston this year ran Pyongyang last year for his 100th birthday.
          There's got to be a feel good story there.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Hip Redux

I heard the finisher's medal is a rocket launcher.