Queen of the Realm (Read 121 times)

Julia1971

We haven't had a poll in a while...

So, I recently moved to a new neighborhood and have noticed there are a lot of runners.  I thought the best way to make my presence known by creating a Strava segment in front of my house.  Was that rude?

darkwave

Mother of Cats

I think absolutely appropriate.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

Joann Y

Necessary, not rude.

John Wood

Only rude if you don’t share your segment. How else do I know if I want to run it?

Half Crazy K 2.0

So possibly a dumb Strava question. If I have the privacy setting to not sure a radius around my house, would it even show up if I did a segment there?

zebano

So possibly a dumb Strava question. If I have the privacy setting to not sure a radius around my house, would it even show up if I did a segment there?

I don't think so.

1600 - 5:23 (2018), 5k - 19:33 (2018), 10k - 41:20 (2021), half - 1:38:57 (2018), Marathon - 3:37:17 (2018)

mikeymike

If my street was a segment the Local Legend would be this woman I've nicknamed Elbows Akimbo. She's out there right now walking hill repeats. Respect the grind.

Runners run

dpschumacher

3 months til Masters

2023 Goals

Marathon Sub 2:37 (CIM) 2:41:18

10k Sub 35:00 (Victory 10k 34:19)

5k Sub 16:00 (Hot Dash 5k in March (16:48), Brian Kraft in May (16:20), Twilight 5000 in July and August (16:20/16:25 Both heat index 102-103F)

Sub 1:16 Half Marathon  City of Lakes Half Marathon 1:15:47)

Sub 56:30 in 10 mile (Twin Cities 10 mile, Canceled due to weather, 56:35 as a workout)

2024 Goals

Sub 2:37 Marathon

Sub 1:15 Half

Sub 34 10k

Sub 16 5k

Half Crazy K 2.0

There should be a 4th option--find any low hanging fruit segments and claim them. I have my home in the privacy zone, plus, I don't want to have to run up the hill.

Julia1971

Just realized I didn't change my privacy zone.  And, I'm actually not sure if I will now.  I really want bragging rights.