How hot is it where you are? (Read 877 times)

It is currently 26C (78.8 F), but feels like 35 (95 F) when you factor in the humidity - AND it's only 9:04. Wind is from the West at 20km/h. Relative humidity is 74%. Later today it is expected to get up to 33C (91.4 F), but will feel more like 44 (111.2 F) with the humidity. Good grief. It was 24 (felt like 32) at 4:30 when I ran - hot, humid, hazy. We're in for heat and smog alert today for sure. It must be the hotest day of the year so far. Hopefully we'll get the thunder-storm they've been promising. How about you?
      We're at Code Orange here in Baltimore for air quality. At 8:00am, it was 82*F and 76% humidity .... like running through a freaking swamp. Dead
      2009: BQ?

Imminent Catastrophe

It is currently 26C (78.8 F), but feels like 35 (95 F) when you factor in the humidity - AND it's only 9:04. Wind is from the West at 20km/h. Relative humidity is 74%. Later today it is expected to get up to 33C (91.4 F), but will feel more like 44 (111.2 F) with the humidity. Good grief. How about you?
        About the same here in Georgia, but no wind. I'm dreading my run today.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

It’s 15°C, cloudy, windy and raining a lot (although not right now, hope it stays that way for about two hours so I don’t have to run in the rain), forecast for the weekend is 13°C. It’s way too cold for summer.
          jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

It’s 15°C, cloudy, windy and raining a lot (although not right now, hope it stays that way for about two hours so I don’t have to run in the rain), forecast for the weekend is 13°C. It’s way too cold for summer.
            Yes, way too cold for summer but just right for running! And running in the rain is great! Can you hear me, that when it rains and shines It's just a state of mind?

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Burninated Peasant

So far this month, it's typically been around 75 low/85 high, and either raining, just finished raining, or about to rain - so very humid. Still, much better than is typical for this time of year here.
                Yes, way too cold for summer but just right for running! And running in the rain is great! Can you hear me, that when it rains and shines It's just a state of mind?
                I agree that the temperature’s great for running and I don’t mind the rain so much when I’m already running. But I don’t like to start running when it’s pouring (like yesterday, so I didn't go out). And you had to quote the Beatles, didn't you? Smile
                PWL

Has been

As of right now where I am, it's 98.8 w/ 57% humidity. Yummy! I have a 6 miler planned for today but they've issued an "stay in your house, don't do anything strenuous" heat advisory. Guess I'll have to wait until later tonight to run!

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

About the same here in Georgia, but no wind. I'm dreading my run today.
                    So how did it go? I ran at lunch and it was 87, and the real feel was 91. Of course today I decided to run the route that was moistly in the sun instead of my trail route that keeps me in the shade for the most part.
                    http://distance-runner.blogspot.com

Now that was a bath...

Currently 37.4F - 3C. Nippy for New Zealand winter. It doesn't usually get this cold!
                    • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                    • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                        During 8 AM run - 52 F - blue sky and sunshine - wind 2 mph. Perfect! Cool We pay for it big time in the wnter Roll eyes

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                        Thyroid Support Group

Imminent Catastrophe

So how did it go? I ran at lunch and it was 87, and the real feel was 91. Of course today I decided to run the route that was moistly in the sun instead of my trail route that keeps me in the shade for the most part.
                          I finally got out the door at 11:00. It was a nasty hill workout--hills, heat, humidity. Drenched! And of course too hot for the dogs so they sit at home in the a/c, protesting loudly when I leave without them. Looks like Peachtree will be a hot one.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Prophet!

86 F, low humidity but gusty winds... its either hot and windy or hot and humid... i love em both...
                            hudzomatic

I saw 107 F in Concord, NH today. Not to say it's the most accurate of measurements, but either way you slice it... IT'S HOT.
                              PWL

Has been

I saw 107 F in Concord, NH today. Not to say it's the most accurate of measurements, but either way you slice it... IT'S HOT.
                                That's probably about right actually. I'm in Southern Maine, which is around the same latitude and we topped out around 100 degrees and that includes a cooling sea breeze off the ocean. No matter how you slice, it's been super toasty up here the last couple of days. Dead Made my six mile run lots of fun!

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."