Like bananas...(and Tuna???) (Read 576 times)

2008 Philly Trifecta

Have a frind from Jamaica who makes the most incredible concoction with tuna and sweet plantains...I made it last night and substituted a small banana... Lemme know what you think: -Cut up 1/2 cup red onion -Cut up 1/2 cup green pepper -drain 1 can water packed tuna -saute onions and pepper -add tuna -add approx 1 TBSP barbacue sauce -I like to cook it till it is a bit dry and begins to turn a bit black and carmelize add slices of banana enjoy... Had it with Sushi...BAM!!! I know, sounds nuts but don't knock it till you try it. Big grin Dave

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
    2008 Philly Trifecta:
    10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
    Philly Distance Run HM-9/21
    Philly Marathon-11/23
    "A goal not written down is only a dream...!"

I know, sounds nuts but don't knock it till you try it. Big grin Dave
      You know what. This does sound good. I have all the ingredients. Hmmmm. Looks like I'll be trying something new this weekend. Thanks Dave! Plus, it's another way to gross out my family since they all only like boring foods. Big grin

Michelle

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Can I just use plantains? It surprises me that you cannot get plantains in NJ. I may give it a shot too! Local sushi place makes a roll with raw tuna, avocado and banana. It is strangely pretty good.

2008 Philly Trifecta

Can I just use plantains?
          Trent/Miss- Actually you're supposed to use plantains...I just didnt have any at the time...still good though. LEmme know what you think Tongue Tight lipped or Wink Dave

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
          2008 Philly Trifecta:
          10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
          Philly Distance Run HM-9/21
          Philly Marathon-11/23
          "A goal not written down is only a dream...!"