Inner ear/vertigo issues? (Read 417 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Does anyone else suffer from this? From time to time I will develop what is likely a mild inner ear infection and it will really mess with my equilibrium. During yesterday's run I had a brief moment where I got some of the spins, but it went away. Then when I went to bed last night I thought I felt a bit of the dizzyness...and woke several times as I would turn my head and have some spinning issues. Got out of bed and I've definitely got something going on in my ear(s). For anyone who has this crop up, is there anything you have found that helps? I know there are meds that can help--unfortunately most tend to cause drowsiness. I think I won't be doing my kickboxing workout today...I'm klutzy enough, as is. Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Ugh! I feel for you. Sad I was sick earlier this month. Totally wiped out. Sinus infection. Strep thoat. And both ears were infected. Give me the pain any day. I can deal with the fever and the muscle aches. (Heck, I'm used to those! Wink) But every time my head lifted up from horizontal, everything was spinning. I spent a good part of 24 hours lurching from the bedroom to the bathroom. Dead Blech! I usually hate to take meds but when I got to the doctor I was like "Give me everything you've got! Make it stop!" Hope it gets better soon! Teresa
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Are you fairly prone to inner ear and sinus infections? I have been much more prone to problems ever since my first bouts with both a sinus infection and an inner ear infection maybe a decade ago. It's annoying, since I don't *feel* sick, but I can't really do anything that involves movement (ie running, lifting weights, kickboxing), since my equilibrium is so off. Driving my son to school even made me a little nervous. I took a single 25mg meclizine pill, but now I am sleepy. Another thing that stinks is that I can no longer do rollercoasters or rides that spin or go upside-down...and I LOVE rollercoasters and other thrill rides. I am limited to those that only have hills and drops (unless I want to get VERY ill). Luckily we have an amusement park near us with a HUGE wooden one that does no upside-down movements, so I can still get my fix. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay