$400 marathon entrance fees (Read 698 times)

harvey998

From $400 marathon entrance fees to $2 million dollar half marathon prize pools, with a bit of fartlek and running socks thrown in for good measure, there's a good read of blog posts on running this week in the Running Blog Carnival.
      $400! Yowza! Interesting article though, thanks for posting it. My upper tolerance is about $3 per mile, though I prefer to keep it under $2/mile. Any higher than that and I'll just go find an equally great trail to run with friends. About half of my "events" are trips dreamed up with a topo map in one hand and a beer in the other. Big grin The Leadville 100 went up a bit this year and is costing me $2.15/mile. Cry

Cause I CAN

Thats nuts...for that price, hell the medal better be made out of real gold or something
        Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
        http://terri7291.blogspot.com/
        Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Good job promoting your website. RT was not as receptive.
          HOSS1961

$400 makes it kinda of elitist sounding doesn't it?
            HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured
              I run all year round 60+ miles and this is in the harsh Canadian winter. With my family obligations right now I could not justify to myself spending $400 two or three times a yearto run a Marathon. The only fair way I can think of now to ristrict the numbers is to set qualifying times. Rasing the price is also fair but it will only draw people who either can afford it or those who are wiling to justify spending it because they especially want a particular Marathon experience.