Running MCM in honor of my fallen friend... (Read 813 times)

2 months ago my best friend dropped dead of a massive heart attack while we were doing our long run, training for MCM.

I posted about it here, and was overwhelmed by the community here - the love and care and kind words. 

In 2 days I'll be running the Marine Corps Marathon that we were training for.  I'm doing this one for Mike.

His wife and 2 kids will be there, too. What an emotional battle it will be.  

I was able to get past the mental block after his passing and have some good training runs. It took a while, but I found my runs again.

I'm excited to dedicate my first marathon to such a good friend, a great man.  
    I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Mark 

day after day sameness

You're honoring him by just being there -- in general, and in toeing the start line. I'll bet he'd want you to enjoy the event, trust your training, and have a great run, Mark !

I've done my best to live the right way; I get up every morning and go to work each day...

Good luck Mark

Beautiful, man.  Looking forward to the report. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Fat butt on couch

Good luck, Mark.  This should put a spring in your step at 20+ miles.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Have a great day and God bless.

Thanks again for telling us about Mike and the man he was.

I'll also be running MCM. 

Hope you have a great race for you and Mike Smile

Prince of Fatness

I hope that you have a great race.  Good luck!

Semi-retired.

Best wishes, friend.
                    Your story is sad, but beautiful. 

Enjoy every minute of the run, even though I know that it might be difficult at times.

2014 Goals:

#1: Do what I can do. <DOING>

#2: 365 Hours training

Ojo

Good luck, Mark!

Sara

MM #2929

Thanks again for telling us about Mike and the man he was.

x2.

Have a great race and know he's with you!

"Don't feel like running today...suck it up and run ...you're an athlete." (John Stanton, founder & owner of The Running Room)

"The person who starts the race is not the same person who finishes the race."

A Dance with Monkeys

Make us proud, make Mike proud!  I am sorry I won't get to run with you, but I will be with you in spirit!

Awesome!

T

Mark, have an awesome race and I know Mike will be there with you the whole time.  Plz let us know how it goes for you.

Good Luck Mark! You are amazing. Run strong.

You're a brave man to tackle all those emotions head-on with Mike's family!  We are proud of you!

Well at least someone here is making relevance to the subject.