Running during a heat wave (Read 611 times)

I take a very hot shower after every run and in am in no way shape or form heat acclimated.  They aren't short showers either!   I have to wonder about this study.  I think it might work more effectively if you were in an environment which was hot and humid, where your body temperature would stay elevated after the bath/shower rather then immediately get an evaporative cooling effect afterwards as in a dry climate.  I can remember taking a hot shower in FL after a run and continuing to sweat afterwards!

I wonder if some people are just better hot weather runners?  Even when acclimated to heat while living in Florida, I felt like I struggled more than others.  And now as a CA weather wimp I detest running in the hot/humid Eastern US Summer jungle.  LOL.

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

They are. This is indisputable.

I wonder if some people are just better hot weather runners?  

Joann Y

They are. This is indisputable.

I wonder if some people are just hotter runners?  

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I wonder if some people are just better runners?

They are. This is incontrovertible.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I wonder if some people are just better quoters?.

They are; this is incontestible.

Kalsarikännit

^^^Not me cuz, ain't gotta a lady friend at the moment.

'Sup, Nantucket?

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Dream Maker

I wonder if some people are just better hot weather runners?  Even when acclimated to heat while living in Florida, I felt like I struggled more than others.  And now as a CA weather wimp I detest running in the hot/humid Eastern US Summer jungle.  LOL.

Yup.  My husband is much fitter than I am right now, and can run way faster than I do, but if him and I went out this afternoon at 95F for an hour, I could crush him.  It's surprising because I'm fatter than him.  He is always hot though, whereas I tend cold.  He freezes me and my daughter in the car.

'Sup, Nantucket?

I am well thank you. How the hell have you been? great I hope. Have you been out on kick ass adventures?

I don't have a sauna in my apartment. Do you?

Just ordered one.

You know, it ain't the heat so much as the stupidity.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

hayden28

link
                        AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I already take lots of water and hydrate during the week and all of that, just wondering if anyone out there thinks it is even worth it.

If anyone thinks training in hot weather is worth it?

I would guess it is probably somewhat worthwhile if your target race is likely to be in those conditions--for example, if you have a long race in mid or late summer.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I don't have a sauna in my apartment. Do you?

Mr Finn's idea doesn't require too much adaptation--mostly you need a vehicle whose doors and windows can be closed. If the vehicle can move under its own power, you can even combine the sauna training with transportation, for dual efficiency!

neymaar10

Link