Please give a RA welcome to Amy (Read 670 times)

btb1490

Please say hi to Amy. Amy was born in 2004 with a congenital heart defect called Hypo-Plastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS). 3 open heart surgeries, and several other related surgeries later, Amy's future looks hopeful. But she still has many obstacles to overcome. Just like many of us need inspiration and words of encouragement for our running endeavors and life's challenges, Amy too needs words of encouragement to help her with her struggles. I thought it would be a good idea to ask the RA members to offer some inspirational words to Amy to help her along with her recovery. I will forward your responses to her. Amy is my patient partner for the Boston Marathon. She was/is a patient at Boston's Children's Hospital. Amy is an amazingly stong child, and I hope to give to her even just a fraction of the inspiration and strength that I know she will give to me. Thank you! http://www.amypoynton.com/
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Wow! HLHS was a death sentence just 5-10 years ago. This is great news! Run well!!

Imminent Catastrophe

Oh, wow. That really puts our little aches and pains in perspective, doesn't it. Keep it up, Amy. You're an inspiration.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

What an awesome smile. Thanks for sharing Bob. Congrats on overcoming life's obstacles and best of luck in the future Amy!!!
          http://distance-runner.blogspot.com

Rim Rock Dad

What a beautiful girl! Amy, you're an inspiration to lots of people you don't know. Stay strong, and keep that smile! Big grin
            James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
              Hi Amy! Your smile made me smile Smile I'm sending you many wishes for you to stay strong, sweetie Smile thanks for sharing, Bob

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
              Thyroid Support Group

Wow! Such a strong beautiful little girl - keep smiling Amy you are simply amazing! We'll all be thinking of you and wishing you the very best. Smile

Michelle

Beautfiul!!! Run well Bob, Amy's lucky to have someone like you!! Amy you are such an inspiration! To have gone through so much in such a small span and hanging in there so strong! You have so much to look forward to Smile So strong, but yet so young and fragile.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Patient partner. What a terrific idea. Run strong, Bob. Thanks for sharing. Hi Amy. Be well.
                      Hi Amy Smile You have a beautiful smile! Patient partner for Boston --- very cool, Bob.
                      2009: BQ?
                      EB10

What a pretty little girl! Keep fighting Amy!!! When I run, I will be running and praying for you also!
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hi, Amy...keep strong and keep smiling, sweetie! Smile Bob, that is such a cool thing that you can run in her name. Cool

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

You're a beauty, Amy! Stay strong and stay well! Wink Keep Bob gettin' those miles in for you!

Rick
                            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

OMG!! She is so cute!! What an amazing, brave and beautiful kid. Big grin It's so great that you're doing this Bob! I'm also running my upcoming marathon in memory of an amazing little one...Ryan Brown. Check out my blog for details. It sure makes the experience so worthwhile and inspirational. It's really hard to complain about the weather and the miles when so many people go through such hard times. Give Amy a big hug from all of us here at RA!! Sara
                                Amy, you are definitely a cutie pie! Smile Stay strong and be well. Sometimes the biggest inspirations come in the tiniest packages!!

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright