We march on Phil at dawn (Read 186 times)

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

See, this is why I have conversations like this with my mom:

Mom: Oh, Mr. Jablonski down the street runs marathons too.

Me: Really?  I didn't know he ran.

Mom: He and his daughter ran it as a father-daughter thing.

Me: Isn't his daughter 8yo?

Mom: I think they were being chased by zombies, or something.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

...papers posting articles like: "9 of Philly's strangest marathons" and then only actually listing one marathon are why people ask us "how far was your marathon?"

xhristopher

Marathon number 5 is only 50 yards. I could probably run that one twice in one day.

Queen of 3rd Place

...papers posting articles like: "9 of Philly's strangest marathons" and then only actually listing one marathon are why people ask us "how far was your marathon?"

No, no, no, you don't understand! The writer states clearly that these are in contrast to "traditional marathons". This is America! We break traditions! The marathon can be any damn distance we like!

Watch out, tomorrow I'm gonna run my 10K ultra in way less than an hour!

Ex runner

some call me Tim

Well, considering that many of the 'marathons' are untimed and loosely structured, I guess you could just circle around the course in heels, flashing lights and underwear, getting pelted with cornstarch and mud and dodging zombies until you hit 26.2.

Woah. Now tell me you would not respect the person that finished *that* race.

Oh wait... I forgot the cyclists. Boo hooJoking

Kalsarikännit

I'd end up making Kevin Ware's injury look like a papercut if I tried to run in heels.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Docket_Rocket

Every time I come back to the office after a marathon, I get asked that question: how far was this marathon?  Ahem, same as the last one!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Julia1971

And, marathon number 7 is a bike race.  LOL!  I liked the first comment to the article.  AmberX is all over this.

daneda

And actually they listed the marathon event wrong.  It's the Rock n Roll 1/2 Marathon... Unless the event is being changed to include a marathon this year as well, but it doesn't seem so, looking at the website real quickly...   So no actual marathons were listed in the "article"!!

Hip Redux

Scully would have rocked that high heels run - she was always dashing around in her heels!

I am perplexed - the Color Run and the Color Me Bad Run are two different things?

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

Hah, they've changed it to "9 of Philly's strangest races" - the m-word has vanished.

Tiefsa

Did you see!  Now there's like this night time race.  The Electric Race is what I think it's called.  So there's Zombie races, Light Races, Color Runs, Obstacle Races (I actually like the Tough Mudder), and mud runs.  Did I miss any?  Oh yeah.  There's regular races where you just run from the start to the finish. 

Dad on the run.

Did you see!  Now there's like this night time race.  The Electric Race is what I think it's called.  So there's Zombie races, Light Races, Color Runs, Obstacle Races (I actually like the Tough Mudder), and mud runs.  Did I miss any?  Oh yeah.  There's regular races where you just run from the start to the finish. 

People still do that????

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

daneda

People still do that????

BOOOOOOORING!!

delicate flower

WHY ARE YOU ALL MARCHING ON ME AT DAWN!?

Sad

<3