JimR

Probably either too hard or too long. 

this has definitely been my problem

*cough*

she runs like a girl

this has definitely been my problem

*cough*

*awkward silence*

2010 goals: PR at distances from 3k-HM 3k: 02/02/10 - 12:00 - road 5k :03/13/10 - 20:32 - road 10mile: 04/02/10 - 1:15:49 "The only thing I hate more than running is not running"

Message received.

You are a very nice guy and you provide lots of help to people on this board.  You are also very sensitive, which is a fine thing too.  But you DO kind of fuck with people from time to time.  Intentionally at times.  Unintentionally at times.  And when you feel like you have been fucked with (which was unintentional this time on my part, but I accept that this is how it felt), you don't really like it.

So consider me fucked off, but remember this next time someone feels a little poked by your posts.

Ah, I still fondly remember my first "You can fuck off" from Jeff.  It's truly a badge of honor that very few earn.  Welcome to the club, srlopez!

Runners run

Ah, I still fondly remember my first "You can fuck off" from Jeff.  It's truly a badge of honor that very few earn.  Welcome to the club, srlopez!

Thunder has promised to give me the "package" that goes with mine.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Why is it sideways?

Y'all are funny.

Since I'm feeling bad about being an asshole this morning, I'll link to this article, which places threshold running in context, talks about the different thresholds, the paces associated with them, and when and how to incorporate them into your training.

F-bomb free.

And, just as a way of defending my view, a scientific reflection on the relative uselessness of the concept of lactic threshold.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Running is stupid.
              bdub

Shoe Alarmist

perhaps you'll find meaning in another absurd pastime

Running is stupid.

Is that the conclusion of a new medical study?

Running is stupid.

Racing is hard. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

babs71

Over the  hill

Haaus(sp)

Hey

SMART Approach

More good discussion over at Tinman's site. It is healthy discussion from many runners focusing on differing paces at differing distance or time. It all makes sense. I think slower tempo runs are great once per week if you have a faster type of work out also within the week.  I tend to do some slower tempo work within my long run and then do 10K paced reps finishing w/ some faster striders or 200s all within another mid week semi long run to give me two quality work outs a week. This work for most runners. If your mileage is higher, 3 quality work outs a week is reasonable assuming the other days are easy.

http://www.therunzone.com/index.php?topic=1904.msg9183#msg9183

http://www.therunzone.com/index.php?topic=1190.0

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Why is it sideways?

Here's an interesting and readable thread from letsrun that also problematizes the idea of training according to lactate threshold or specific, "precise," or clearly defined aerobic zones.
                          L Train

Racing is hard. 

I'm hungry.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm hungry.

Maybe you're running too hard. Or not wearing enough shoes.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I look my best blurry!

I'm hungry.

Just had Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake and muscle milk after my long run.  Better that chocolate milk.  Mmmmm.....