Not seeing Garmin imported runs (Read 353 times)

DaKine

Hi all,

The server move caused all sorts of problems. For starters, the primary and backup firewalls crashed on start up. The bulk of the down time was spent troubleshooting why I can't get into the network. There were several other servers that crashed when they were brought back up after the move, but were ok after I rebooted them.

The Garmin imports are processed by a background service. This service also sends out training plan and forums emails. For some reason, the sending of emails were very slow. I wasn't able to tell where the problem was based on the logs. I restarted the email server, this background service, and just like that, everything went back to normal.

Everything should be processed by now. Let me know if your workouts have not come through yet.

eric Smile

Is there a system status thread we should all subscribe to?

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Garmin import worked on Monday 2/3/2020 but not today.  Is the auto-import down again?  I synced on Garmin connect multiple times. I even disconnected and reconnected RA.  Looks like it may be broke again

update: disconnected from Garmin connect and manually uploaded FIT file.  I got message indicating data being processed but run not showing up in RA. Took some time but manual upload worked.

2/9 update - now working.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Dan Horvath

I am having this issues today (02/15). When it happened last time, did the data come through eventually, once it was fixed? I'm just wondering whether to enter the data manually or to wait until the connection is corrected. Thanks.

Same here, and yep, they eventually came though .. although it took a few days.

an amazing likeness

One of the difficulties in offering quality suggestions around his is the timing of the "re-send" is controlled by Garmin Connect. RA doesn't pull the workout, Connect sends the workout to all the services linked to your Connect account (RunningAhead and/or others).

I'd recommend taking the 30 seconds to enter the workout manually so that it's in your log, and in your stats....then when Connect does ship the workout over, you can either delete it on the RA import page, or import it to pick up all the data and delete your manual entry.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

I always upload manually.   Same problem.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Yes, there seems to be a problem even with manual uploads. Maybe the database connection problem again?

GordonKing

same issue~ 2 workouts imported but not show up~

runmichigan

I always upload manually.   Same problem.

MilkTruck is not saying to manually upload the FIT or the GPX file.  He is saying to create an entry (manually) in your log with the basic information.  This way you have the basic information in your log until the GC push is received by RA.

It appears both the push from GC and the manual file uploads are affected by the server traffic/database connection issues.  Eric is working on resolving them.  In the meantime they seem to resolve themselves in a few hours.

No biggie, I'm patient.  Besides for a free to use site this is freaking fantastic so I can definitely stomach some hiccups now and then.

Phil2

I started seeing my manual uploads again for a week or so, but starting a day or two ago, it quit working again. Having to manually enter things again. Just FYI. You probably are already aware.Thks.

Phil, you're not alone. No workout available after yesterday's file upload around noon. Last time uploads were problematic and I posted I had trouble getting my workouts, it seemed to be a matter of a few hours and they were delivered. That was probably a coincidence, but I just thought I'd post something.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

DaGlutenFreeG

Add me to the list of people who have been unable to upload anything since Friday. Not complaining, just making Eric aware!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

The same run from 2/15 showed up twice this morning, one from Garmin Connect, and the other from a manual upload.

isentora

Hi Smile

I am not seeing my workouts uploaded after Feb 15th in zipped GPX files. Looking forward to see them show up Smile

Thanks for your great work with a great site!

Greetings from a winter runner in Norway Smile