Not seeing Garmin imported runs (Read 353 times)

JLarson

Sorry I didn't see this more populated thread before posting in the other one.

I'm just tagging this one because I am having these same issues as well. Workouts I manually upload are showing up hours or even days after I upload them. This has happened for a week or two now.

Not a huge issue - I can manually enter them - just wanted to post and follow the thread though.

Got a couple of files queued up & waiting

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Phil2

Eric, this issue continues to persist. Files uploaded will show for a day or two, then nothing will show for several days or a week, then everything that was uploaded during the week will show up all at once (after they have been manually entered). I am assuming this is an issue that you are having some difficulty resolving, and I am wondering if you wouldn't mind providing an update about where things are at and what to expect. In the meanwhile, please know I appreciate the work you do to keep this website up and running, and will continue to enter manually for the time being.

Thanks, Phil

tfoster

I use Fitbit but experiencing the same thing.  I agree with everything Phil2 said - we appreciate this site and hope you can find a resolution.

stevetursi

same here. using a coros uploading .fit files.

uploaded yesterday and they never appeared.

Docket_Rocket

same here. using a coros uploading .fit files.

uploaded yesterday and they never appeared.

My TomTom runs are still MIA from my TM run today. Same thing; uploaded FIT file and none of them have made it. I'll see how the Garmin does with today's run. I've been adding them manually so I don't forget to have them up for the Miles Game.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

stevetursi

So... What's going on here? Is this going to be fixed anytime soon?

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

So... What's going on here? Is this going to be fixed anytime soon?

Please keep in mind that RA is run by one person. Eric will work on it as he is able. Have some patience!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

stevetursi

Where do you draw the line? I waited over a week before asking.

Phil2

Understand. It's Okay to ask, but just have to keep in mind RA is free and operated on a volunteer basis by one person, so bottom line is it gets fixed when he gets around to it. I just thought I would ask for some feedback regarding if he expected it to take a while or if it was expected to be rectified soon...mainly just wanting to know if it was on the radar or if he was too busy. But ultimately, it's completely up to him to decide if and when he should respond, and I respect that, and we certainly don't want him to get frustrated at some point and just shut everything down, which I'm sure he could do. Thanks.

stevetursi

Yes it's free but I'm one of those people who've supported the site financially, and I have for at least 5 years. Maybe 10.

Getting runs up on a site that tracks runs seems to me like a core sev 1 blocker of an issue.

I'm willing to give him a pass for a few days and I definitely understand it's a side project

I think we're at a point where "can I expect this to be fixed" becomes a fair question

Phil2

I see. Well, I think we'll just have to agree to disagree. F.Y.I - I have been a longstanding paying member as well. As I said, he could get frustrated and shut things down.

an amazing likeness

To my opinion, it seems fair to seek information on when a core function of the site which isn't working reliably will be remedied.

Just a note....you (all) are reporting about the file import in a topic titled about the Garmin integration function, which is working without issue.  Can we confirm that the issue being reported is in the "Data Importer" and you're uploading files via this dialog box?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

That's the function I use, milktruck, uploading a .gpx file I've downloaded from Strava.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

stevetursi

Me too.

Hey great news

9 days worth of runs appeared this morning.

I'll upload a few more when I'm at a computer

See how quickly they're processed

We might be fixed now