Not seeing Garmin imported runs (Read 353 times)

My 15 miler showed up about 15 hours after the run

Hmm. It’s now been 7 hours since my 7 miler, and it still hasn’t shown up.

Dave

eric :)

Hmm. It’s now been 7 hours since my 7 miler, and it still hasn’t shown up.

HI Dave,

I checked the logs and the last time RA received your workout from Garmin was April 19. Maybe it'll come through soon?

shu_runner

My run from 4pm yesterday showed up this morning.

Prince of Fatness

Sunday my run took 5 or 6 hours to show up. Just this morning my run showed up instantly.

Not at it at all. 

HI Dave,

I checked the logs and the last time RA received your workout from Garmin was April 19. Maybe it'll come through soon?

Came in sometime overnight, it was there this morning. Thanks. I had no delays previously.

Dave

Troy.

My run from this morning hasn't shown up yet. Typically, my runs appear in RA almost immediately after my watch syncs with Garmin Connect.

It should be mathematical, but it's not.

jsfuller

Likewise. My runs will sometimes get "stuck" if my watch is not talking to my phone. However, my morning runs have uploaded to Garmin Connect, but not come over to Running Ahead.

ejhill

I'm having the same issue - my runs are no longer showing up on RA. They show up on Strava and Garmin Connect

bhearn

Same here.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Got 'em now.

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

My run from this afternoon has not come over from Garmin Connect. I will give it a little while.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

jsfuller

Got 'em now.

Not yet. Is there a way to "bump" them, or have Running Ahead refresh from Garmin Connect?

I've closed Safari & tried again a couple times throughout the day. I'll try again tomorrow. There are times when I go days before I get around to updating my runs, so this is no real delay to me.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Not yet. Is there a way to "bump" them, or have Running Ahead refresh from Garmin Connect?

I believe not. You just have to wait.

an amazing likeness

I've closed Safari & tried again a couple times throughout the day. I'll try again tomorrow. There are times when I go days before I get around to updating my runs, so this is no real delay to me.

The "retry" logic for sending the file to RA is controlled by Garmin Connect. RunningAhead passively receives the files from Connect, it does not pull them from Connect.

If you're prefer to not wait for the Garmin Connect retry to resend the file, you can import it directly via a download from Connect - upload to RA:

Connect > click on Activity > gear icon > export original > save zip file

RA > log > Upload GPS data from file > data file > select file > click floppy disk icon

Then when Connect catches up and sends the file, just delete it since you've already imported it.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Seems like an RA issue as even the file upload is taking a while. I attempted to upload a file a few minutes ago and it's not visible.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com