Sub 2 Half and new terminology (Read 176 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

What is the generally agreed age bracket for geezerdom? I'm 45 next month so trying to figure out if I'm officially a geezer or getting geezered.

If a 60yo beats you, you got geezered. If you beat any HS or college kids, they got geezered by you.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

mikeymike

What is the generally agreed age bracket for geezerdom? I'm 45 next month so trying to figure out if I'm officially a geezer or getting geezered.

Its relative, not absolute. I'm 43 and yet I geezered several high school kids and twenty-somethings in a couple of track races last month.

Runners run

Resident Historian

Gettin' geezered.

This.

Greyed... meh.

Agree with MikeyMike -- it's relative.

Neil

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I'm here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. - Hunter S. Thompson

FlatFT.runner

I'm almost 58 and I love to GEEZER people.

Dream Maker

some idiot that turns to you as he passes and trys to make sure you're not in his age group???

Raced.  Wink

I don't mind the getting chIcked expression.  It highly amuses me when someone actually caress, though.  We are in a different division, guys should care less than a man if any change I occurs.  And back where I am in the pack, if you are being chicked women have already have finished far ahead of you.

whats the term if a fat person passes you?  I have gotten a horrified expression as I have passed people before that I think had more to do with that than my femininity.  Invent!

Congrats, djr3 on the great race!!!!

valerienv

Thread killer ..

I once came upon a fit young man at a 50k struggling with the distance and heat,  no hat , no water  . He told me he didn't think he could keep going it was @3 miles to an aid station , I told him sure you can,  come along with me at my old lady pace . I found out he was in the Air Force , he had never even run a marathon , he was 22 years old,  I dropped him after a half mile ....poor kid was geezered chicked (?) ( I told the aid station he was struggling so they were waiting for him , he did finish )