I feel sorry for Elliot Spitzer (Read 817 times)

I think he should have resigned, and I acknowledge that what he did was inexcusable. However, I've heard that he is trapped within his 79th Street apartment. Now, knowing that Mr. Spitzer is a runner, imagine being so close to Central Park and not being able to go out the door without being mobbed by reporters.
    I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
      Time for a treadmill I guess...

~Mike

The Greatest of All Time

He'll be old news in a week if not sooner. I had already forgotten about him until I read your post. Big grin
        all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
        Lisa3.1

Honestly, I don't care what he did. & I also didn't care that Pres. Clinton did anything with someone else other than Hillary. It shouldn't matter to us what they do as long as they do their job.
          FastTalkingFatty

Honestly, I don't care what he did. & I also didn't care that Pres. Clinton did anything with someone else other than Hillary. It shouldn't matter to us what they do as long as they do their job.
            I wouldn't care what he did either except that he's promoted the criminal prosecution of others for exactly the same thing. As usual it's the hypocrisy....too bad he can't run it off.

<www.runningahead.com/groups/veggies/

bah...I feel more for his wife...being betrayed and humiliated because her husband had to hang out with hookers and spend 80 grand on them...so he can't run....boo hoo....
              Teresadfp

One day at a time

I feel worst for his three daughters, ages 13, 15, and 17. What must this be like for them?? The oldest is getting ready to go to college - I bet she'll be glad to get away from home. I don't feel sorry for him at all - he brought it on himself. As Cagery said, what a hypocrite.
                  What creeps me out the most is that his repeated "indiscretions" were with someone only 5 years older than his daughter! What a jerk. Dead
                  dodger20

i think it's inexcuseable what he did as a father and a husband and the fact that they are investigating wether or not he used campaign funds to do this makes it even worse!

Dave

I hope you do care when those entrusted with power use it to abuse the public trust. It appears that Spitzer did exactly that. I believe that those who would abuse a private trust, like marriage vows, are more likely to abuse the power they've been entrusted with by the people. I'm saving my feelings of pity for his children. This guy had no business being the governor...

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

If by sorry, you mean amusement to the point of schadenfreude, then yeah, I'm sorry for him.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Think Whirled Peas

I love the new avatar Jeff!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I love the new avatar Jeff!
                            Thanks! I usually can only go a couple months before I get tired of my avatar. We'll see how long Johnny lasts.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Funny. No one ever mentions JFK's indiscretions. In fact, he's more or less reached iconic status, hasn't he? Personally, I don't give a rat's ass about Spitzer's infidelities. That's between him and his wife. If he did so with public funds, well that's something entirely different.
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Personally, I don't give a rat's ass about Spitzer's infidelities. That's between him and his wife. If he did so with public funds, well that's something entirely different.
                                That's my take on the situation, too.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay