Uploaded GPS file and mileage total doesn't equal map total! (Read 66 times)

BQDreamer

I recently just uploaded a .tcx file from Garmin. When I reviewed the data on this site, the actual mileage total and splits equalled what was in Garmin Express but the map total showed longer by over 1 km! What would be the reason for this?

eric :)

Hi BQDreamer,

I assume that you're referring to your last run. The data for the last mile or so of your run is corrupt.  It looks like you ended your run at around 11.9 km.  The next data point is at where you started the run.  Did you stop at mile 11.9 km?  Or did your GPS lose the signal during the last stretch?

When you import data, RA uses the distance described in the workout's summary.  When you look at the map, the route is generated from your GPS data.  I don't know what Garmin did with the data, but you're looking at the raw data in the map.

eric Smile

BQDreamer

Thank you Eric. That makes sense since I was running in thick snow and stopped my garmin to let a sidewalk plow go by. I hoped it would plow my route home Wink I did start my garmin again but perhaps I did lose the signal.