Need a boot to the butt to get me out the door! (Read 565 times)

Hey guys, Here I sit, in a post Christmas haze knowing I need to get my lazy but out the door for a run. I need a little kick and I know there are a t least a few here who are more than willing to give me one. I'm feeling lazy and a run on the tm is just not in anyway looking good. I want to get outside and run in the snow but like I've said feeling really lazy. Just had some breakfast so I need at least an hour to digest. So I have time to wait for a reply Wink Corrina
      Put on your running gear. Once I do that I feel compelled to go out for a run. Big grin

Another Passion

I didn't feel like going today either, Corrina, and... I am CERTAIN that I am a MUCH bigger lazy sloth than you so, if I could get out there today, I KNOW that you can. Lace up and go running friend! Wink

Rick
        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

thumbs up!

I'm sitting here reading all your posts trying to get motivated myself. We're in the midst of a 3-7 inch snow storm, so the dreaded treadmill is my only option. Guess I'll put the shoes on and know how much better I'll feel when I can come back to log the run Smile
          2010 Goals
          1. get to and maintain 20 MPW
          2. sub 50 min Crazy Legs 8k -- April 10 (so close! 50:13... next year)
          3. sub 30 min 5k
          4. improved time in Madison half marathon -- May 10
            I believe I'm in the same snow that paguilera referenced. We're making the final push to make this the second snowiest month on record. Corrina, did you make the run? Just convince yourself that putting on your shoes doesn't mean you'll go running. Then once you have your shoes on putting on your jacket and gloves just means you're going out to check for the mail. Once outside, since you're already there why not just run to the end of the block and see where that takes you. Or I could just say HTFU but that seemed harsh.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

Hey guys, Thanks for the boot. Yes I did go out and run in the snow. The roads were not plowed and the wind was a bit nippy 11km/h. The temp was only -3C though so not too bad. I did over dress for the workout and it was a workout. Took way longer than I usual to run that route, but it was interesting. I'm offically one of the crazies running in the snow. Oh I snorted some snowflakes and almost had a heart attack because I hate water up my nose. Corrina
              VictorN

Hey guys, Oh I snorted some snowflakes and almost had a heart attack because I hate water up my nose.
                Ha! Must have been a big snowflake. I've also had motivation issues. Even when on vacation, if I don't get up early and out the door before the kids wake up, I frequently don't get a chance to get out. I've been luck lately and have gotten out, but I'll need to get back in the 5AM habit soon since it is back to work next week. Victor
                Kenotic Runner

Your post reminded me of this [Jeff Galloway article ] from Runner's World earlier in the year.

Another Passion

Hey guys, Thanks for the boot. Yes I did go out and run in the snow. The roads were not plowed and the wind was a bit nippy 11km/h. The temp was only -3C though so not too bad. I did over dress for the workout and it was a workout. Took way longer than I usual to run that route, but it was interesting. I'm offically one of the crazies running in the snow. Oh I snorted some snowflakes and almost had a heart attack because I hate water up my nose. Corrina
                    WTG (way to go) Corrina! Kicked some snowflake butt!! Way to get out there! Big grin

Rick
                    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                    runningforcassy.blogspot.com