Frederick Marathon - THIS Weekend! (Read 629 times)

Anyone here running the Frederick (Maryland) Marathon or Half-Marathon this weekend? I'm running the full - my first full marathon. I'm jumping out of my skin right now! My bib number is 319. If you see me out there, cheer for a fellow RA-er!
    JakeKnight

Go get 'em, tiger. Smile

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

You only get one first, enjoy the day Mike. Best of luck to you!

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Good luck... I get the jumping out of your skin thing... I'm running my first may 18th (cleveland) and it is still a few weeks away and I'm already getting jumpy... Good luck! Please write a race report when you get back!

Just Be

Anyone here running the Frederick (Maryland) Marathon or Half-Marathon this weekend? I'm running the full - my first full marathon. I'm jumping out of my skin right now! My bib number is 319. If you see me out there, cheer for a fellow RA-er!
            Good luck! Smile I'll be in MD the day of the race, does that count? Here's to you and your success! Smile
            BostonRnr

Good luck!!! I just signed up to run my first...the Marine Corp Marathon in October. I'm already jumping out of my skin Cool
                I'll be at Frederick too - bib# 940 Good luck foxeygoblue! Make sure you save something for the second half - it looks to be pretty hilly! http://community.active.com/thread/42121?tstart=0 --Steve
                  I had considered Marine Corps Marathon also - I had it on my calendar that registration opened today - but I decided one marathon this year will be enough (since it is my first...next year, perhaps I'll do two...). I will definitely write a race report for RA and cross-posted on my blog as well. I hope that my race report can serve as an inspiration and a guide like others' reports have done for me!!!
                  Kimmie

I'll be there running miles 13-21.... doing the relay with three others. I've done it twice before but this is a new course and my first time running this particular leg. Somehow I got stuck with the longest and hilliest leg. Good luck foxeygoblue and steve! I'll look for you! Smile
                      I'm signed up for half, want to run the full, may run neither as I recover from Boston. Bring a trashbag. Forecast calls for rain. It will also help you keep your skin on. Oh, and I'll bet you a nickel that by two weeks from Sunday, at the latest, you'll want to run Marine Corps.
                        Good luck to you too Kimmie - enjoy the 8 miles of hills Smile Hope you don't mind running in the rain. Looks like it could be a wet one... --Steve --runbulldogrun.com
                          Hope you don't mind running in the rain. Looks like it could be a wet one...
                          Um, the forecast is currently calling for 40-50% chance of showers. I'm more of an optimist, so I read that as an overcast morning where the meteorologists want to cover their asses just in case it rains. Anyhow, I'm sure all of us have trained in some cold rain this winter in the MD/VA area, so we should all be prepared for any rain that comes this weekend. As long as we don't have a Nor'easter come in like last April...

Another Passion

Good luck Mike and Steve! Enjoy the experience, it's going to be a blast! Good luck on your hilly 8 miles as well, Kimmie.

Rick
                            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

I'm sure all of us have trained in some cold rain this winter in the MD/VA area...
                              Oh yes. One of my favorite expressions is "If you don't train in it, you can't race in it!" I'll be just as happy in a downpour as I am on a nice sunny morning. See you at the start line! --Steve
                              Kimmie

does anyone know the course? I know I can look at a map, but just wondering if someone has actually driven it. I just ran a half marathon in total downpour so this can't be any worse. I'd actually rather be moving instead of waiting around. I'm not complaining though. Smile