Veggie Wash (Read 968 times)

Does anyone use it? What kind? Do you like it and does it leave any kind of taste? I know...just buy all organic produce, right? Smile
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Water. Works fine. This stuff is just another product playing up our fears of GOD knows what. Wash your stuff in water. If you are afraid that is not enough then yes, buy organic.
        Actually, I don't know if I'm more worried about the pesticides or all the people before me who handled the produce I've chosen to buy! Big grin It didn't help to have my kid sneeze ontop of some veggies while he was waiting for me the other day. LOL I know. Gross. Nothing I could do about it though!! I now reach for the veggies that are up the highest if possible!
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I will sometimes use a little dish soap and then rinse it really well. I figure that should cut a lot of the gunk...dirt, pesticides, wax, grubby strangers' hand schmutz. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I usually just use water and sometimes a paper towel. There are special apparatus and soaps for cleaning fruit... which probably are not worth your time. Try Fit: Fruit/Veggie Wash One thing I hate about race goodies is the fruit. They offer up apples with no good way to wash the skin. modal (who hates buffets and wonders when the heck it's going to stop raining)

Vim

I usually just use water and sometimes a paper towel. There are special apparatus and soaps for cleaning fruit... which probably are not worth your time. Try Fit: Fruit/Veggie Wash One thing I hate about race goodies is the fruit. They offer up apples with no good way to wash the skin. modal (who hates buffets and wonders when the heck it's going to stop raining)
              I'll probably just stick to the water (maybe some soap K) too. Just wondered if anyone actually used the wash. It's funny, I think it may have something to do with age. Did I used to worry about who sneezed on my fruit? Nah. Or who manhandled my mangos? Nah! (Wait a minute...that may not have sounded like it shoulda...) But as I've gotten older, it seems I'm getting pickier too. Or is it just wiser?! Just like the other day at the beach. My husband and I could never remember "choosing" a spot to lie down- we'd just throw the towels down and go! Instead, we looked all over to find a spot not covered with seagull poop! Big grin
                I've been using Veggie Wash for about two months now, and it works great. No aftertaste or anything like that. I don't trust that my veggies/fruits are clean and it takes all of two minutes.
                "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves: “Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?” Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world." ~ Marianne Williamson
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I was in water. No aftertaste. I also buy from the local organic farms, so nothing really to wash off anyway. And I trust my food because I have checked the farm where it comes from. If you do not trust your food, time to read Pollan's "The Omnivore's Dilemma". Wink
                    Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                    Thyroid Support Group

I've been using Veggie Wash for about two months now, and it works great. No aftertaste or anything like that. I don't trust that my veggies/fruits are clean and it takes all of two minutes.
                      Thanks mario8723! Good to know!
                        I was in water. No aftertaste.
                        Big grin
                        time to read Pollan's "The Omnivore's Dilemma". Wink
                        Ordered it from my library...thanks!
                          this is the first time i've ever heard of veggie wash Confused i guess it must just be an american thing? i just wash my veg in water.
                            I was in water. No aftertaste. I also buy from the local organic farms, so nothing really to wash off anyway. And I trust my food because I have checked the farm where it comes from. If you do not trust your food, time to read Pollan's "The Omnivore's Dilemma". Wink
                            Being a vegetarian, I have no interest in reading Pollan's "The Omnivore's Dilemma". Smile
                            "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves: “Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?” Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world." ~ Marianne Williamson

Why is it sideways?

Being a vegetarian, I have no interest in reading Pollan's "The Omnivore's Dilemma". Smile
                              Trent's a vegetarian, too. But Pollan's book is not about principle; it's about practice. You still might have something to learn.
                                Big grin Ordered it from my library...thanks!
                                Did you read any of it yet?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                                Thyroid Support Group