They were good times while they lasted (Read 933 times)

19:39, we met almost two years ago.  I never expected to meet someone like you, you were way out of my class.  You took my breath away when we met, and we've been together since.  Over the years I met many other times, 20:05, 20:41, but none were even close. For two years, it felt good to walk around with you at my side.

But two years is a long time, and I've been getting restless.  I'm not the same person I was back then, and, well... I ran a 5K today, and met someone new.  I'm afraid I'm leaving you for 19:34.  19:34 isn't that much better, but it's new.  I don't think it's anything serious... we probably won't be together long, but for now things are great.  Still, I feel like I could meet someone better still.

So goodbye, 19:39, and thanks for the good times.

-------------------------------------
    5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
    10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
    1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
    Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

xor

Woohoo for 19:34!! 

Needs more cowbell!

So...19:39 is available, 'eh?  Damn, too bad I'm not. Tongue

Nice job, Nate! Big grin

Kirsten - aka "Auntie Kirsten"

'14 Goals:

• 2 olympic distance duathlons -- 6 days apart -- PR at least 1

• 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)

KMB

nice job Nate!

a man shouldnt be tied down at your age

2013 Goals:

RTB Ultra Done
          BQ (< 3:25:00) Philadelphia 11/17/2013 3:21:45

1666+ miles
          Rhode Island Road Runners

Awesome job on the PR and awesome job making me laugh :P
            RunsForCake

LOL!  Awesome read and congrats on the new PR!
              GST

19:39, we met almost two years ago.  I never expected to meet someone like you, you were way out of my class.  You took my breath away when we met, and we've been together since.  Over the years I met many other times, 20:05, 20:41, but none were even close. For two years, it felt good to walk around with you at my side.

But two years is a long time, and I've been getting restless.  I'm not the same person I was back then, and, well... I ran a 5K today, and met someone new.  I'm afraid I'm leaving you for 19:34.  19:34 isn't that much better, but it's new.  I don't think it's anything serious... we probably won't be together long, but for now things are great.  Still, I feel like I could meet someone better still.

So goodbye, 19:39, and thanks for the good times.

Congrats.

Awesome RR Big grin

...---...

19:39 has some great curves, but yeah, I understand your attraction to 19:34.

Nice work. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Patzer

Hilarious.  Congrats!
                    Current goal: an Olympic distance triathlon. Did two of them! New goal: a half-ironman?? Did that too. New goal: I'll have to get back to you.
                      19:39 is out there?  I better get in shape and try and see if I can catch her 'cause right now she's just a little out of my league.

In an infinite universe, the one thing sentient life cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion

http://htwins.net/scale2/scale2.swf?bordercolor=white&fb_source=message

Congrats!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362 - no really :)

Pammie

Great post Nate and congrats to you and hope you find much better out there

Do you think 19:34 has a brother i'm not fussy even 21:45 would be cool at the moment nothing serious mind not looking at anything long term