St George Marathon logistics (hotel, getting to race shuttle...) (Read 70 times)

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Greetings! Am considering signing up for St George Marathon but wanted to reserve a hotel before doing so, and so need advice on the logistics. Namely:

1. Any reasonably-priced hotels near the shuttle pickup?

2. Any other hotel recommendations?

3. Is it possible to drive to the shuttle pickup spot and park if I end up some place farther out?

4. Any other suggestions for getting to shuttle pickup?

Other input re the race welcome, too. Thanks! --Christine

berylrunner

Rick

I live on the other side of the starting line so I haven't had to deal with lodging or the shuttle.

Some pretty low budget hotels on Main Street.

I would stay at the Wyndgate by Wyndham.

Yes.  There is a big chuch parking lot and plenty of side streets, just watch for driveways, they do tow blockers.

Get up early and stand in the lobby.  You are bound to see other runners and ask for a ride.

Other suggestions:  Eat early on Friday.  The restaurants will be packed later.  Or find less busy parts of town.  Bloomington (where the Wyndgate is) or Sunset area.

Have a great marathon.

12-22   Last One Standing  - dnf 37 miles

1-23  Sun Marathon - 3:53

3-4-23  Red Mountain 55k - 7:02

4-15-23  Zion 100 - 27:59

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

With the caveat that I ran St. George some years ago (2010): most hotels run shuttles TO the shuttle pick up.  I actually stayed at a campground/RV park in town (which was okay but not great - I was in my camper van and it was rather hot and noisy) and they had a sign-up in the office for the shuttle to the shuttle pickup.

You have a cute cat!

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Hey you all - thanks for the replies! Was out of town so responding late. I'll let you know if I sign up. It's a silly idea, since I can only run two miles right now, post-injury, but...

Also: Lucy Liu thanks you for the compliment. Need to get Sheena (other cat; orange tabby) up there sometime, too.

--Christine

I have never done the marathon but my husband and I travelled through St. George on vacation.  We stayed at the Inn on the Cliff and thought it was pretty nice!

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

>We stayed at the Inn on the Cliff and thought it was pretty nice!

It looks nice! Deciding to go a bit more budget, but thank you for the input.

Okay, so I've got a refundable reservation at the Comfort Inn Convention Center. (Wyndham wants $200+/night for further out...) Let me know if there's any bad (or good) things I need to know about that!

Last thing to do is sign up...