2019 Sub 3 hour marathon thread (Read 680 times)

ZZCaptainObvious

Yeah. A marathon that's a mile too long.  Sounds like a blast....

I wasn't running it, so it's not my problem. (frantically knock on wood to avoid the bad karma, which means it's probably too late.)

Best of luck to darkwave and mikkey this weekend!

ETA: Weather prediction, please don't change in the next 48 hours:

7 AM - 43, ESE 5 MPH

8 AM - 47, ESE 7 MPH

9 AM - 49, SE 10 MPH

Running Problem

Problem Child

MTA: Oh, and Green Bay is a fun marathon. My mom ran it ten? years ago, the year that it was 27.2 but still had a ton of fun.

Santa Rosa. Somewhere between the mile 1 and 2 marker. BAA did not accept anyone's "26.2 mile" time as a qualifier. Oh and it happened the year before as well.

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/sports/6025141-181/santa-rosa-marathon-has-more

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

darkwave

Mother of Cats

I wasn't running it, so it's not my problem. (frantically knock on wood to avoid the bad karma, which means it's probably too late.)

Best of luck to darkwave and mikkey this weekend!

ETA: Weather prediction, please don't change in the next 48 hours:

7 AM - 43, ESE 5 MPH

8 AM - 47, ESE 7 MPH

9 AM - 49, SE 10 MPH

Good luck to you as well - that weather is looking really nice.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

slingrunner

Best of luck to all racers this weekend!

5k- 18:55 (2018)    10K- 39:04 (2017)    Marathon- 3:00:10 (2018)

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Yes - good luck!!!!

I'm racing on Sunday (just a 5K) but I may be able to track your first half before focusing on my race.  London starts at 10 am, right?  That's 5 am my time, which is about when I'll be stretching.

Thanks and good luck to yourself and everyone else racing. It starts at 10:10am this year which is fine with me as it gives me plenty of time to travel up without setting my alarm too early! Women’s elite starts at 9:25am. The temps are looking good but it could get a bit windy...14mph/27mph gusts, but it’s better than Saturdays predicted 40+mph gusts!

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Mikkey: Best of luck Sunday! You've got that gold goal in you, just go for it! 5AM is too early for me on a Sunday morning  so I will leave tracking duties to someone else. Looks like it will be an epic race for both the men's and women's elites. London seems to attract the best elite fields of all the majors.

Captain: Good luck tomorrow! That weather forecast looks great, I'm jealous!

Swim: Good luck in the half, enjoy that sea level O

DW: Good luck in your 5k.

Kram (if you're lurking...): Good luck in Toledo.

2:52:16 (2018)

JMac11

RIP Milkman

JT - as a huge pro runner fan, I cannot believe you aren't getting up early to watch this. The men's side has the current WR holder and it still won't be the premier side of the race!

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

minmalS

Stotan Disciple

Mikey  Good luck mate. Just go with the flow. I know you had a few setbacks but it can still be a stellar race so go confidently and have fun. Run beautifully.

Swim Good luck in the half.  Run beautifully.

DarkWave Good luck. Looks last week was full of great workouts, you're poised for a great race. Run beautifully, results will show.

Thinking should be done first, before training begins.

JT - as a huge pro runner fan, I cannot believe you aren't getting up early to watch this. The men's side has the current WR holder and it still won't be the premier side of the race!

I'm recording it and will watch it as soon as I get up! But sleep is precious and I haven't been getting enough of it lately. I totally agree though that it will be an incredible race. Kipchoge and Keitany if I had to bet, but the fields are loaded so who knows what will happen.

M_M_C

JT - Are you team Sir Mo or Team Haile?

3K: 8:29.12 (2017)     5K: 14:56.59 (2016)     8K: 25:27 (2016)     15K: 53:46 (2022)     HM: 75:41 (2022)     FM: 2:43:17 (2022)

JMac11

RIP Milkman

I only read some of that, so this is probably not an informed opinion (but it’s the Internet so that’s standard): I’m Team Haile here. Actually was a fan of Mo until this incident. Seems ridiculous.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

I haven't read that story in detail but I have been a huge Geb fan since the early 90s when he was a junior. I loved the races between him and Tergat. Both complete gentlemen and good sports. Geb had an incredible career; WRs from 1500m indoors up to the marathon, 27 in all I believe. Not a huge Mo fan, I always disliked his sit and kick strategy. But it certainly worked for him. I like races to be BTTW efforts but they are less and less of that in championship races in recent years.

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Mikkey - do you have a bib #?  If it's in the thread, I missed it.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Mikkey - do you have a bib #?  If it's in the thread, I missed it.

#30320 👍

Slammin - Thanks, I’m looking forward to it and will give it my best shot....but with a 195spm cadence, it might be a challenge to run beautifully!

Kipchoge is the clear bookies favourite and wants to break the London record. But Mo has improved and is in it to win it and will have big home crowd support. I’m going with Mo. 😁

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

darkwave

Mother of Cats

THanks!

BTW, can I just say I love Slammin's expression of "run beautifully"?  It captures so many different things - the importance of running relaxed, with confidence, and also enjoying the effort.