Brooks Ghost (Read 794 times)

Anyone have these shoes? What do you think of them? I bought a pair a week ago - I love them except they seemed to hurt my big toe a little. My genius brain finally realized that they were too tight! Funny - except that I've never worn anything over than a size 9. The shoe store was great, and let me exchange them even though I'd already run ~25 miles in them. Now that I have the right size, and I realize how much better they feel ( and how much of an idiot I am).. but is it really normal for these shoes to be so far off in size? Oh yeah.. and these shoes really are quiet. I feel like a running Ninja in them!
      I remember another Brooks shoes (adrenaline?) being a half size too small for me as well. Actually the website warned about that and I orderred a half size larger and it was perfect.

Right on Hereford...

I have a pair and really like them. They are size 10 (my normal size) and fit well for me. They are nice and light and it feels like they just want to run fast. Good shoe!
          Anyone have these shoes? What do you think of them? I bought a pair a week ago - I love them except they seemed to hurt my big toe a little. My genius brain finally realized that they were too tight! Funny - except that I've never worn anything over than a size 9. The shoe store was great, and let me exchange them even though I'd already run ~25 miles in them. Now that I have the right size, and I realize how much better they feel ( and how much of an idiot I am).. but is it really normal for these shoes to be so far off in size? Oh yeah.. and these shoes really are quiet. I feel like a running Ninja in them!
          I wear my normal size in the adrenaline, but they do seem a little more 'fitted' than some of my other shoes. Maybe they run a quarter of a size off?
            I like my Brooks Burns so much still after 500+ miles, I had to have the Ghost. I just got them today and ran 7. I checked Brooksrunning.com before I bought, and they suggested 1/2 size larger than what you normally wear in a Brooks. They are correct in size. They feel different. Hard, but my feet are sore after running hard yesterday. The verdict is still out until I get a few more runs in them. I'll chime in later.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

The Ghost are ok, but not a replacement for the Burn. A bit too heavy and/or stiff. Still not figured it out. I'm wondering how the Defyance feel. Anyone running in these with some feedback?

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I got one pair of those, and I plan on trying out a pair of Trigon Rides.?

Ricky